NBA 2K 14 on Xbox One | Teen Ink

NBA 2K 14 on Xbox One

January 17, 2014
By Skylar_Y. BRONZE, Baldwinsville, New York
Skylar_Y. BRONZE, Baldwinsville, New York
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

NBA 2K 14 is the latest installment in the NBA 2K family. It has been updated with better graphics, new features, and a more in-depth career mode with dialogue, rivals, and team experiences that until now only actual NBA players have encountered.

One of the features in this game is the Blacktop. You can play multiplayer with up to five players on each team. You can play as NBA classics like Michael Jordan, Larry Bird, Magic Johnson, and Julius Erving, just to name a few. You can also play as reigning star players like LeBron James, Kyrie Erving, and Blake Griffin. If you stumble into the Celebrities section you'll find one lone player, Cliff Paul. He is Chris Paul's twin brother who is now an insurance salesman. These two were separated at birth. (Cliff Paul is just a fictionalized character from the State Farm commercials.)

However, the most important feature is MyCareer. You can create a character to act as you as you travel through the draft, the games, and the events that your teammates put you through. You start off practicing in the court, nervously anticipating a shot to make the NBA. Your agent then comes and gives you the news that you'll be playing in the Rookie Showcase. When you arrive there you have an encounter with Jackson Ellis, your rival, the man you loathe the most. It's up to the player to decide how the conversation goes. Just like it is up to you to play well in the showcase and to speak well in your interviews with the team scouts.

You anxiously await to hear your name in the draft presentation. Your agent does manage to ease your worries, but you know that this moment decides where you will live and what team you'll play for. Hopefully you'll get picked in the draft, but if you do, you'll gradually improve your game after many games and practices with your teammates. You will earn more minutes, get the ball more, and maybe even become a starter. It is all how you play that determines where you'll go.

Other features include, Quick Game, where you play as an entire team for a game, and Online Game and Online League, however, this requires an Xbox Live Gold account. You can also buy clothes for your MyPlayer after going into the NBA Today.

I think this game is fun, interesting, and addicting. The game does a great job teaching you how to play and understand the rules of basketball. Anyone who enjoys video games and or sports will love this game. My advice would be to go buy this game, it's worth the money.