The Walking Dead | Teen Ink

The Walking Dead MAG

December 7, 2014
By HafsaAhmed PLATINUM, Karachi, Other
HafsaAhmed PLATINUM, Karachi, Other
22 articles 2 photos 29 comments

Favorite Quote:
I don't believe in angry arguments , I believe in silent revenge.

Revenge doesn't merely means hurting others, it sometimes mean being a better person than you were yesterday.


I fell in love with the zombie genre the day Telltale’s “The Walking Dead” game came into my life. Based on Robert Kirkman’s comic book series, “The Walking Dead” is a masterpiece that guarantees both great gameplay and a perfect story that plays with your emotions and tugs at your heartstrings. This episodic interactive drama video game allows your choices and actions to affect the story, leaving you satisfied or depressed over the decisions you made.

The game starts with convicted murderer, Lee Everest, on his way to prison. But before he reaches the big house, the zombie apocalypse breaks out. This catastrophe brings a ray of sunshine to Lee’s life – a little girl, Clementine, whom he vows to protect.

“The Walking Dead” consists of five episodes that have some eye-widening and jaw-dropping scenes full of thrills and suspense. They might make your hands leave sweaty prints on your keyboard. Beware! There’s a good chance of you being trapped in an old mansion with zombies lurking outside.

What makes “The Walking Dead” remarkable is that you and I have to protect Clementine, but in our own ways. I might respond to a situation by going crook or getting steamed, but you might remain a cool dude. However, the ending will not be completely different; the game leads us to the same conclusion but with different experiences. In the last episode, the choices you’ve made, the things you’ve done since  the first episode will reappear, even if you had forgotten them.

The game allows you to experience adventure, including distracting the walkers, giving a helping hand, and discovering the secrets of people’s weird actions – but what will happen when somebody comes to know yours?

All in all, “The Walking Dead” is like a roller coaster with twists and turns that make you ponder harsh realities. And the ending is so unforgettable that it will leave you craving more.