Thy Kingdom Come | Teen Ink

Thy Kingdom Come

By darkelement7572, Englewood, Colorado
darkelement7572, Englewood, Colorado

Again, many messages shown throughout this piece. One of my personal favorites.

Similar images

This art has 4 comments.

darkelement7572, Englewood, Colorado
I'm glad you enjoy! =)

IamtheshyStargirl PLATINUM, Lothlorien, Utah

Boredom instigates extreme creativity.
~Amoniel

"Bowing gratefully to all of my subjects, 'thank you. Thank you. The pleasure is mine." Nah, I'm just kidding. We're all kings together.'"
~Thesilentraven

I love how descriptive it is, it really, actually means something, rather than being just a drawing. 

darkelement7572, Englewood, Colorado

Thank you! =) Glad to see I have a fan!

Anyways, I wanted to do a piece that reflected power and how when one is given too much power or wealth, their lifestyle may end up repetitive.  The three signs read "Veni, Vidi, Vici", meaning "I came, I saw, I conquered." Next to each sign, there is an object that symbolizes each part.  The breifcase represents the character's arrival, the chains represent the sight of tyranny or oppression, and the sword represents conquering of such tyranny.  His pose seems bored and unpleased, despite his seat at the throne, the crown, and his accomplishments.  The wine represents luxury, but the informal way the glass is held reflects his boredom.  The backing of the throne is in the shape of a puzzle piece, and there are two signs.  The top is the symbol for psychology, representing the character as a king of only his own mind.  The right sign is the symbol Omega, signifying the end.  The part of the puzzle piece that is cut out is the symbol for Alpha, showing that he cannot return to his initial past.

Sorry it's long and descriptive lol.

Boredom instigates extreme creativity.
~Amoniel

~Thesilentraven

Incredible!! There are so many details, they seem very full of meaning, and judging from your author's comment, they are. Could you explain the significance of some of the symbols?