Creepers, Coffee, and Constant Confusion | Teen Ink

Creepers, Coffee, and Constant Confusion

September 27, 2010
By BroadwayBaby92 GOLD, Punta Gorda, Florida
BroadwayBaby92 GOLD, Punta Gorda, Florida
19 articles 0 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Some women choose to follow men, and some women choose to follow their dreams. If you're wondering which way to go, remember that your career will never wake up and tell you that it doesn't love you anymore."
— Lady Gaga


Sitting in my Communications class, I stare at the clock on the wall. It goes tick, tick, tick with each passing second that the hand moves around the clock. The noise is thunderous and drowns out my professor's "enthralling" story about her country club's annual art auction. My notebook is packed full of educational, fully detailed doodles of skyscrapers, one-winged butterflies, and variations of my name in graffiti-styled lettering. My hands shake slightly due to the after-affects of three cups of Starbucks and no breakfast.
What the hell am I doing? No, seriously, what the hell am I doing here? I pay my hard earned money towards classes to "educate" myself when they do nothing of the sort. These individuals don't care about their lives or futures or what they may or may not learn in these classes. They pay the money for the piece of paper that they hope will someday in the future make them the money they lost and then some. Instead, they eagerly enter the library so that they can get to work on the computer to update their Facebook profiles and photobucket accounts documenting their late-night escapades. The guy next to me is clearly involved in his online game where he shoots female zombies with a machine gun. Somehow I doubt that's his homework for his philosophy class of which the book is sadly sticking out of his backpack.
It perplexes me how so many people have to desire to discover their purpose and do something fufilling in their life. They go day after day acting as if life goes on forever like in their romantic vampire novellas and forget how to get in touch with reality. Maybe I'm too harsh. Maybe I'm different for all the wrong or the right reasons (I'll never know because everyone will have a different opinion). But I know one thing for sure. People are too busy listening to songs to write their own, too busy reading books instead of writing their own, too busy watching travel shows to explore the world themselves, too busy going to restaurants to have people cook for them instead of learning how to cook instead, and too busy watching movies depicting the life they crave and desire instead of making it happen. I may be blunt and unbearably, brutally honest but people need to wake up and not exist but live with every ounce of their being, instead of dreaming about things that they will never go after. We have one life and we had better take it for what it's worth because their is no day but today.