France | Teen Ink

France

Have you ever wanted to travel all over the world? Well I always have but here is one place specifically that I have always wanted to go. Paris, France. I have heard about all the beauty and romance and history in that city. Let’s get to know a little more about France.

France is located in Europe. It is between France and Germany. It has one of the most beautiful cities in all of Europe. It is also the largest country in Western Europe; it’s surrounded by the Mediterranean Sea and the Atlantic Ocean. The capital is Paris, where most of the tourist locations are. And the language spoken by the people there is French. France has a population of about 60,180,529. Their most popular religion is Catholic.

France is most popular for its cheese and its perfumes, and many of the designers that come from there. Designers such as coco Chanel, Christian Dior, and many more. But its main attraction to all visitors is the Eiffel tower. The Eiffel tower was built in 1889 for the Paris Exhibition. It was King Edward VII from England who opened the tower. He chose the design done by Gustave Eiffel. In 1909 the French decided to destroy the historic building. But since it was a resource of the military they decided not to take it down. After a while it gained respect and value for the French people.

Another important landmark in France is the Notre Dame Cathedral. The building was finished in 1183, but was started 180 years earlier. This big building is built in the center of a small island that is part of France. It is 800 years old. This building was made famous when it was mentioned in a book called “the Hunch back of Notre Dame” written by Victor Hugo. This building includes a Big bell and Gargoyles, which were used to scare away evil spirits.

As you can see France has many amazing things to learn about. All you need is a little time to research them. I hope you Enjoyed learning about France.