My Future Dental Career | Teen Ink

My Future Dental Career

I first started playing piano at the age of seven learning new songs and playing for others. Not only did I enjoy playing but it was also therapeutic and a way to express my emotions. It was almost like a second language to me, a way of talking to others through every note and chord.

Later while in high school, I was introduced to a nonprofit organization called MusicMDs that enables young volunteers, who play various instruments to provide comfort and assist in the healing process of patients. This gave me an opportunity to choose some of my favorite classical and popular pieces: “Rush E” and “Waves of The Danube” known to be beloved by many seniors.

The program inspired me to pursue a career in healthcare, particularly in the dental field, as I recognized that blending my love for music with a profession dedicated to enhancing individuals' lives could be my true calling. Whether it's working with children in pediatric facilities or seniors in long-term care, I hope to leverage the power of music, especially live performances, to not only enhance the healing process but also to reduce stress, bring joy, and provide comfort to those in need. I believe that integrating live music into the healthcare environment as a whole can be a valuable means of reducing stress and contributing to the overall well-being of patients. Through UF’s array of resources, I plan to fulfill my dream of using music as a healing tool in the healthcare industry.

My name is David Spektor from Satellite Beach Florida. I like to spend my time at the beach, working out, hanging out with friends, and going out.