Siena | Teen Ink

Siena MAG

Loudenville, NY: Situated in this quaint town, just minutes outside Albany, Siena College is one of the most ideal colleges I have visited. Siena is a small college, with 2,200 students. Upon arrival, I gaped at the thoroughly accepting "Siena life" atmosphere. The students were extremely friendly, outgoing, and helpful during my weekend, which made me feel all the more welcome.

Siena's main concern is the education the students receive. Consequently, the class sizes are not too big, which allows every student individual attention during and after classes and every teacher the opportunity to get to know each student.

Siena offers a variety of challenging courses in a number of fields. Among its best-ranked programs is the medical program. Affiliated with Albany Medical School, this intense program produces many well-trained doctors and medical personnel. Generally, the average graduation rate per class at Siena is and always has been high, with many successful graduates.

Although education is Siena's main focus and striking aspect, it is not the only one. Other prominent aspects are its dorms and recently built athletic facility. Siena dorms, depending on each student's year, contrast in size. Freshmen and sophomores have the pleasure of rooming with one or two people in one room off the centrally located dorms. Juniors and seniors, on the other hand, savor the privilege of living in spacious townhouses where four to eight students room together in a two-story "Siena house." I was surprised to see the number of amenities including two baths and a kitchen.

The recently built MACC, or athletic center, is Siena's ultimate attraction. This captivating facility offers all kinds of sports activities. Some of these include racquetball and basketball courts, a swimming pool, elevated track, and a state-of-the-art fitness center. I spent hours there, having the time of my life like most Siena students who have spare time. The MACC is a definite must-see part of the campus.

Siena is located in an excellent area. There is little or no crime in the area and campus security makes rounds to keep it this way. Students can wander freely at late hours, after returning from a weekend activity, without fear of danger. This aspect of the college especially appealed to me as not many colleges can offer this sort of ensured safety.

Overall, I rate this college a perfect ten. Siena creates the utmost college atmosphere for all students who attend. It has a friendly, welcoming atmosphere and this makes the Siena campus its own little town within a town. Education is a top priority, but, there is always room for enjoyment with the many activities available to students. My experiences at Siena fill me with excitement about upcoming college life. I will definitely think of Siena as one of my choices and you should, too!! f

Reviewed in 1995

i love this !

iwanttobeforeveryoung GOLD, Forest Hills, New York

"When the power of lover overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
-Jimi Hendrix

I went to camp at Siena a few years ago and I have only one thing to say.

BUT ROCK! :D