Cat Farm | Teen Ink

Cat Farm

By Sr0406018 BRONZE, Pasadena, Texas
Sr0406018 BRONZE, Pasadena, Texas

This story happened a long time ago. In 1989 there was this cat family, their farm was called HCF. HCF stands for Happy Cat Farm. The farm was big and beautiful. The fresh smell of soil made Cat's dad happy. The cat's dad had a neighbor who was mean and scary to the cat's dad. But the neighbor was friendly to Cat's dad's Kittens. Cat's mom found the neighbor very lovely, caring, and helpful. In April Cat Dad and Cat Mom had finished cleaning the barn and were drinking some tea, Until they saw the calendar. It was a week before all of the crop-eating caterpillars came. They were so shocked they had to hurry and get the book full of poisons to kill the caterpillars. Cat's mom and Cat's dad have been up all day and night trying to find that book until they realize it was in the barn. They both ran to get the book until they saw the goat eating the book. When they got it back it was too late. Cat's mom and Cat's dad were panicking and didn't know the formula because they had just gotten to the farm. So all night they were trying to come up with a plan to kill all of the caterpillars since they don't have the book. The very next morning the neighbor. Mr. Crow was up and decorating his house for a family get-together. The cats realized that. Since Mr. Crow is a bird he will eat the caterpillars. So the cats ran up to Mr. Crow and said. We will give you half of our sunflowers if you eat all of the caterpillars next month. Mr. Crow was never happier. He loved caterpillars and couldn't get enough of them. So the cat's family was delighted and prepared his sunflowers. The cat family was about to finish when they heard a big boom. The Cat Family grabbed their kittens and Dad Cat rushed them to the bunker. The cat's dad ran to check on Mr. Crow and Mr. Crow was not home so Cat's Dad ran back to the bunker and waited until it was safe again. The barn was a mess. The crops were damaged and the barn roof fell off. Cat's dad was sad that a Tornado hit the barn. Cat's dad ate a mouse, had milk, and got to work. He fixed his roof and the crops were taken care of. It was time April ended and now it was caterpillar season. Cat's dad was waiting to let his chickens out. Mr. Crow still wasn’t back. Cat's dad saw the soldier caterpillars and let the chickens loose. The chickens started to eat the caterpillars and then the queen caterpillar asked for space but they took half of their land and the cat's dad said. OVER MY DEAD BODY! Then Mr. Crow came and ate some of the caterpillars. Then the soldier caterpillars were becoming more and more until the caterpillar queen declared they surrendered. Cat's dad says every year he will have a basket of veggies for them and the caterpillars thanked Cat's dad.  And crawled away. Mr. Crow thanked them and went back home until Cat's dad asked if he wanted to join them for dinner Mr. Crow happily accepted it—the end. 

I am a big Cat fan. I love Cats and Crows. And this book is about a family of cats that have a family owned farm that has a mysterious neighbor. 

strawberriesnsage, Kansas, Kansas
I love your story it's so cute and entertaining : ))