spinning tunnel | Teen Ink

spinning tunnel

February 16, 2010
By Tori.Lovett GOLD, Alexandria, Louisiana
Tori.Lovett GOLD, Alexandria, Louisiana
17 articles 3 photos 35 comments

Favorite Quote:
Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart. ~William Wordsworth
--------
The wastebasket is a writer's best friend. ~Isaac Bashevis Singer


I woke up with a headache, laying on a stone-cold floor. It was dark, and I couldn't make out anything, not even myself. I brought my hand up to my forehead and felt a thick liquid; it was probably blood. I wiped my hand on the leg of my jeans and started to run my hands along every surface so I could be able to picture the room in my head. The freezing floor was flat, the even colder walls where all about the same length, and the only furniture in the small room was a small stool covered in splinters. Do you know how hard it is to pull out seven splinters when you can't see anything? I tried to stand up but immediately hit my shoulder on the ceiling. It was about four feet tall... Crap. I thought to myself, "I need to find a door, window, something." I spent God knows how long feeling every crease, crack and corner of the room for a handle or anything. I finally gave up and decided I was in a box with a trashy stool.

I laid down in a corner and wept until I grew drowsy and feel into deep sleep. I dreamed of being at a carnival. I was in a fun house, with the moving stairs, silly mirrors, and the rotating tunnel. I had passed even obstacle and was now facing the tunnel. I stepped in and began to walk, but the farther I moved the long the tunnel got. It started to rotate faster and faster. I was running and trying to keep my balance. The tunnel seemed to go on forever and it was moving so fast, I fell. I span with the tunnel and cried until it was stopped. I fell out with a jerk. The second I landed on the ground, I woke up.
The ground was warmer. Light was coming in the room. I quickly woke myself completely up and discovered I was in a much bigger room with carpet. There was a window, but it was covered with steel bars. I saw a stool, but in much better shape. I embraced the fuzzy carpet and cried into it. The carpet soaked up every tear and it felt like it was hugging me back. I almost felt happy until I heard foot steps. It was the first sound I'd heard besides my breathing, so I was startled. I gasped as a door I hadn't noticed before opened. A tall fat man with a ski mask over his face walked in. "Hello, sweetheart," he said in a gentle voice. His assuring smile made me feel safe, but I knew I wasn't.


"Stay away from me," I choked out. I repeated it louder and with more confidence. He just laughed at me. He slowly walked towards me, his arms stretched out, ready to seize me. I stood and and started to walk to him. Right before his fingers brushed against my shoulders, I kicked him in his crotch and ran as fast as my weak legs would let me. I got an adrenaline rush as I screamed on the top of my lungs. I was moving so fast, I couldn't see where I was going. I felt freedom until what felt like a million huge hands grabbed me, and I was pulled back into the dark small box.


The author's comments:
i wanted to write something exciting. an adventure. i don't know if this is considered one.

comment if you think i should continue this story.