Capture | Teen Ink

Capture

By MidnightFire PLATINUM, Lincoln, Illinois
MidnightFire PLATINUM, Lincoln, Illinois

'Dream as if you will live forever, live as if you'll die tomorrow.'
for my sister: 'when life gives me lemons ... i eat them'
'do not be afraid, be faithful'
'God is not safe, but He's good'

“I need back up! Repeat, I need back up!” crackled the voice from the speakers in the monitor room. “Oh ****! I’ve been spotted,” he panted. The room held its breath.

“Jack. We are sending back up. Don’t get caught but stay alive.” Kit shouted calmly back into the mike.
---

“K.” He was coming up on a T intersection in the hall way. Jack ran straight into the office and jumped through the ten-story window. The court yard in the middle of the buildings was below him. “I am happy to amounce that I know where I am.”

“Where are you?” Kit’s voice crackled in his earpiece.

“I am falling toward the court yard.”

“Seriously Jack? Did you have to jump out a window?”

“Yes and no. Yes I’m serious, and no I jumped through it not out it.”

“****.”

Doing a tuck summersault, he kept running, across the court yard and into the next building. Immediately a guard started shooting. He turned down the hallway to the left. “Where’s the backup? I’ve been seen again!”
“They’re being held at bay. Just keep running.”
A bullet sliced past his leg, sizzling the skin. They were aiming to capture not to kill; that means the probably knew. Another bullet sliced his ribs and arm. Glancing back he saw the guard switch guns. ****; this wasn’t good, tranqs.
“What’s going on Jack, are you alright?”
“Ya of course I’m alright,” his blood leaving a trail.
“Jack what’s wrong? Are you injured?” He just growled. Hating how people over reacted to blood and wounds … then again he did have a tendency to under react to escape the hospital. “Jack.” Kit snipped warningly.
“Fine! A bullet scratched me on the leg, side, and arm! They are aiming to capture not kill they know. I’m leaving a trail of blood and let’s face it. Take out the back up, I’m not leaving this hell today.”
“Jack-” A tranq slammed into his shoulder.
“Pull out the **** troops already! I’ll get out” He had fallen and was still trying to fight the blackness when he came. “Hank,” he breathed. His back muscles twitched as hatted overflowed the word helping suffocate him into unconsciousness.
“Welcome back Jack.” Hank snarled. Then he smashed the mike with his shiny loafer. Blackness swallowed the white hallway and shiny loafer. It was over …
For now …

I was actually reading work of other teen ink kids and that inspired me

'do not be afraid, be faithful'
'God is not safe, but He's good'

I'll see what I can come up with for a sequal, and ya I ment announce thanks for catching that :)

CarrieAnn13 GOLD, Goodsoil, Other

"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." --Douglas Adams

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." --Marcus Aurelius

This is interesting.  It really makes the reader want to know what's going on; I think you should write a sequel.  My only criticism is this: did you mean 'announce' instead of 'amounce'?

'do not be afraid, be faithful'
'God is not safe, but He's good'

ikr :) if i had my mom would have killed me

musicispassion PLATINUM, Perris, California

" Life is never easy for those who dream."
There are so many other quotes i need pages to write them

it did add intensity to it and it's a shame that peple won't look at this for that it's not like u wrote the words. haha :P good job!

'do not be afraid, be faithful'
'God is not safe, but He's good'

girl ... i don't usually like putting cussing in my work but i figured that it needed to be done to increase the intencity ... but now i'm thinking that maybe it's the reasion why fewer people seemed to have looked at this ... P.S. try and figure out who here is Mr. Scar Face ;)

one more thing are u a boy or girl? just curious

I feel like this is a spy thing but hey what do i know as i'm writing this i'm trying to figure what words the **** are i have an idea though good job you're a creative person such a shame no one has commented on this :P