The Amazing Adventures of the Marvelous Microwave | Teen Ink

The Amazing Adventures of the Marvelous Microwave

By Confused_scheherazade ELITE, Brooklyn, New York, New York
Confused_scheherazade ELITE, Brooklyn, New York, New York

I know nothing, but of miracles.

To quickly vanquish the delay of cold food at lunchtime, the Marvelous Microwave exists. One day in the city of Manhattan, a CEO mom cried for help as she realized she didn’t have lunch for her kids coming home from school. She rushed to the fridge in hope of quick nourishment, but alas nothing was in there, but half a bottle of milk and cold pizza. The CEO mom was fighting against the clock for she didn’t have time to get more groceries or order takeout. As the mother looked in despair at the clock on the microwave, suddenly an idea struck her, like lighting in an empty field. Within two minutes her problem had vanquished as the microwave with the warm pizza beeped in time with the sound of her kids opening the door. When the kids saw the pizza, the pressure and stress from school disappeared and their faces lit with relief.

“Yum, pizza! Thanks for the food, mom. No offense to dad, but pizza is much better than his cooking.” The CEO mother laughed as she watched her kids happily chow down. Just another day in the use of the Marvelous Microwave.