NightStalker Part Three: Chapter Two: Happy Birthday | Teen Ink

NightStalker Part Three: Chapter Two: Happy Birthday

August 27, 2011
By Tongue_Blep PLATINUM, ????, Ohio
Tongue_Blep PLATINUM, ????, Ohio
40 articles 1 photo 769 comments

Chapter Two: Happy Birthday!


“He couldn’t have disappeared!” red suited man said.

“I have know idea General Kentwood” his assistant named Marshal told him.
“Well then, find out”

“Jadyn! Get up! Now!” Melonie yelled from downstairs.
Jadyn groaned, but reluctantly got up. He went into the bathroom and looked in the mirror.
His black hair was ruffled and out of place. Straightened his messy hair. He had black eyes, and had pale skin.
He always wore black, and never tried to be noticed by anyone. Though it was pretty hard doing so because, one girl in the whole entire school, actually payed attention to him, closely. Almost to closely.
He started to get nervous about three months ago, when Kaylee Smith moved to Brooklyn Heights. The small town that had the population of only two-thousand.
She always wore her hair up in a tight ponytail. She had long wavy brown hair, with the most exotic green sparkling eyes. She had tan skin. She loved photography, which made jadyn more uncomfortable around her.
She loved carrying around this old camera. It was silver and brown around the zoom lenses. It had an old leather dark brown strap, that was always protectively around her neck.
Only once has she ever tried to take a picture of Jadyn. She never got a chance to he rolled behind a tree so fast it made her head spin. Ever since then shes been
watching him, like somethings not just right about him.
And shes right. Not everything was what it seemed. And Jadyn was one of those things.
Jadyn’s decedents from a long time ago, were not actually human. They were illegal aliens, who had hid for over one hundred years on earth. They were eventually hunted down by other aliens who tried to bring them back home. They refused so they were killed. But not before they had kids. Which they also had kids, whose kids who also had kids, and that led up to Jadyn.

Some where accidental killed by government agents. though’s aliens, were Jadyn’s parents. that’s how he was adopted by Madeline Parker. Usually though, it was Melonie who took care of him, since Madeline was a business woman and was always away on trips. This year, she had to go away for three months on a business trip that took her half way around the world. It was hard on Jadyn, but he was use to it.
Melonie, was the only one that knew about Jadyn being the mysterious masked man, now named Nightstalker. She had saw him sneaking out one night to look around for trouble, but was caught. He told everything to Melonie. First she didn’t believe him but when he showed her what he could do, she would never again question him.
Jadyn, brushed his teeth and hair.Straightened his bed and got dressed in the usual, black T-shirt, and black jeans.
“Melonie? What-” Jadyn didn’t finish, we started staring at the person standing in front of him.
“Madeline? What are you doing home!” Jadyn asked the deep dark brown haired lady, that was standing poised in the hallway.
“I came home because I didn’t want to miss you birthday this time” Madeline said her brown eyes wide with love.
Jadyn had totally forgot. “My birthday?” he stuttered out. He ran into the big kitchen and went over to the fridge that had a calender hanging on it.
January fourteenth, his birthday day, and the coldest day of the year in Chicago. He turned back around to wide eyed Madeline.
“You really forgot your birthday didn’t you?” Madeline said astounded.
Jadyn looked at her for a second. “I must have forgot, I have tons of homework this year” Jadyn lied.
Truthfully, it was the pressure of being “the Nightstalker”. Jadyn had been concentrated on not being found out about so hard, he forgot his birthday!
Melonie walked out bright eyes and sunny, setting french toast down in front of Jadyn.
“Here you go! Your favorite!” Melonie exclaimed. She gasped.
“Your here?!” Melonie said staring at Madeline, but then giving her a big huge.
When Melonie finally let go of Madeline, Jadyn was already done with his breakfast and heading up the stairs.
Madeline filled Melonie in on how Jadyn forgot his birthday.
“Wait! Jadyn! I have something for you!” Madeline called to him.
He ran back down the stairs.
“What?” Jadyn asked eagerly.
“Go into the garage” Madeline told him.
He rushed to the garage door and punched in the password.
It opened, to reveal a glossy, black Corvette.

He stared at it.

“Since your turning seventeen today, I wanted you to have a new car” Madeline said smiling.

Jadyn ran up to her and hugged her tightly. “Your the best Madeline” he told her.

She held up the keys. He smiled and grabbed them.

“Not one scratch on that car! you hear! Because I’m not paying for another one!” she called as he got into the car and started to back it out of the garage.

He smiled at himself, so much for staying unnoticed.