Monster of Dreams | Teen Ink

Monster of Dreams

By History_lives PLATINUM, Newton, North Carolina
History_lives PLATINUM, Newton, North Carolina

"What exactly does freedom mean if I'm not allowed to be as twisted as I wanna be?"

It was dark and cold. Evan felt that as he opened his door. He could heard thunder in the background. The thunder shook the house and nearly drove him mad as the lightening flashing in the windows. He winced and ran out of his room.The door slammed close behind him and he winced at the echoed sound. He waited until the sound left the halls. He still stood there in silicone, his body trembling. When all was calm and well he slowly started to move down the hall.

His footsteps were light and his movement silent as he tried to walk away from the walls. To keep away from the monsters in the dark, he thought. He kept walking in the middle, a light flashing on the end of hallway. The walls trembled and shook, a moan falling throughout the house. He struggled to stand, avoiding the walls. He ran down the hall, avoiding the falling pictures.

A silver glint appeared before him and he manged to duck under the blades. The monsters are realsed, he thought. He scoured up and down the floor as it shook. Oh please just let me reach the light! He screamed in his mind. His screams pierced the silent room as he was thrown forward and into the floor. It fell through and he was falling into darkness. Evan woke up with a gasp, his door opening. His father came in saying, “Evan get up. Time to tame those monsters.”

Thank you for defending my writing, but there is a spelling mistake. I will admit this as my computer's Microsoft Words does not have spellcheck or grammer check.

Allis-in-Wonderland PLATINUM, Cartersville, Georgia

"Sometimes people leave you...halfway through The Wood. Do not let it grieve you...No one leaves for good. You are not alone, for no one is alone." -Into The Woods

I thought it was lovely so you, dk23, should consider the time the author put into this short story!

You're opions are welcomed. :)

writer101 BRONZE, Shippensburg, Pennsylvania

Slowly but shurly.

I like it.It was a good short story.

Honour SILVER said...
Honour SILVER, New London, Connecticut

Greater love has no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. ~John 15:13

"Give me liberty or give me death!" ~Patrick Henry

Be brave and steadfast; have no fear or dread of them, for it is the Lord, your God, who marches with you; he will never fail you or forsake you. ~ Deuteronomy 31:6

"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery" ~ Thomas Jefferson

I think it is good too

dk23 said...
this should have been edited better than this

I do usally have very good detail (as some say). You can see in other stories, but for this one, it didn't need much detail for some reason. But thank you :) You keep on being AWESOME!

Randomreality13 SILVER, Havre De Grace, Maryland

"If it doesnt kill you it makes you stronger"
"I am me and no one will change me"

Wow i liked it.  I like how when the child woke up his dad suddenly appears and he had to live his nightmare. Keep on writing your really good at it :) just gotta work alil on detail