Alone | Teen Ink

Alone

By Kilikilakia2012 GOLD, Gresham, Oregon
Kilikilakia2012 GOLD, Gresham, Oregon

Do or do not, there is no try. ~Yoda~http://teenink.com/mystuff.php

I took a deep breath of the cool, crisp air. I could feel it slipping down my throat, filling my lungs and then flowing back out again. I took advantage of this time to be free. I was alone. I was always alone, and I liked it that way. The small breeze burrowed through my tangles of long, brown hair. I was having it dry after my swim in the creek. I loved my hair. I t was a part of me that would always remind me of who I really was.

The green grass tickled my bare legs as I sat on the ground. I leaned over to see a small fish in the water. Lazily I reached out a hand and darted into the cold, clear water. The shiny scales slipped between my long, thin fingers as the fish squirmed away. As the gentle ripples cleared, I caught sight of my own reflection. My tanned, angular face was framed by my long brown hair. Streaks of blonde ran through it from where the sun’s rays had kissed it gently. My lips were full and set in a seriousness that rarely allowed for a smile. My narrow jaw was held in a determined fashion.

Then I looked into my eyes. A tinge of green rimmed my dark pupil, slowly changing to a strong blue. At the edges of my iris a smoky gray mist made the edges soft as it changed to the white. I had become too used to hiding myself; too used to covering up. My body ached to be free and never have to hide again. But I could not do that.

I spotted the sun in the reflection, shining in the water and I looked up. The day had started and so must I. I took one last look at my eyes. They held pain and determination, but above all, they held loneliness. I hauled myself to my feet and turned around.

This is actually an option for the beginning of a story I hope to write. The other option is called "Sky". I need some opinions on which one to choose. Remember this is not a short story. It is only the beginning of a full story.

Kingfan123 GOLD, Charles Town, West Virginia

"Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop to look around once in awhile, you could miss it."
and
"I'd rather stand alone for the right reasons than stand popular for the wrong."

Definitly got my attention! Keep writing, the imagery was stupendous! You have yourself yet another fan! :-)

lovie777 said...
i read "sky" and this one i really like this one ALOT keep writing i will be on the look out for your stuff. you got a fan <3