Preview to A Story I'm Writing | Teen Ink

Preview to A Story I'm Writing

By ToraNoKage SILVER, Unavailable, Other
ToraNoKage SILVER, Unavailable, Other

Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.

Catherine looked at me, and then continued down the loooong corridor, “I’m not really good at explaining this, but spirits are kind of like reincarnations of the seven elements,” seeing my ‘what the hell are you talking about’ look, she added, “The seven elements, not like those from the periodic table. I’m talking about the mythological elements. Fire, Water, Earth, Wind, Shadow, Light and Storm. It’s currently unknown as to when the Contract is made between humans and spirits, but the current belief is that it is decided at birth.
“The origin of the pnevma is unknown, but ancient stories have traced back as far as Ancient Greece, which is allegedly the place where the pnevma were created. Which is why the name of our…particular kind is pnevma. It is assumed that after Greece invaded Egypt, and then the Romans invaded Greece and expanded throughout the world, that the pnevma had intermixed with other cultures, and now it is possible to find pnevma among every race. And by the way,” Catherine looked back at me, “Pnevma is only our formal name. We’re much better being known as Hecateens. Hecate is the Greek goddess of magic and spirits/ghosts, and every single Hecateen we’ve ever heard of awoke to their Contract when they were in their teens, so it’s the perfect name for us.”
Another shadow ghosted through her eyes as she said that, but I just let it be.

Weeeelll this is a piece of a story that I am currently working on. Please please rate and tell me what you think!!
By the way, pnevma means spirit in Greek.

hypermagical said...
hypermagical, Indianapolis, Indiana

You can quote me on that.

Whoooooey! This seems like the start of an epic series...very cool, I love the concept :)

dolphincrazy226 BRONZE, Madison, Alabama

Life is Good!

im guessing this isn't something you can write on one page, eh?  seems like fun, i can already see the story building.  but don't forget about the indiiduals and their personalities! remember, bit by bit and enough to understand makes the best story.  great job and i hope to read the finished copy!

Johnny99 GOLD said...
Johnny99 GOLD, Newport News, Virginia

A rose and a flame, are just the same.

Hmmmm., I'm excited to read some more.

PorcilainIris BRONZE, Missoula, Montana

\"Censorship is telling a man he can\'t have a steak, just because a baby can\'t chew it.\"
-Mark Twain

I like this idea, you should go on :D    I only rated it 3 start but that's just because I've got a major pet-peeve ove not knowing much about setting :(    I think I can safely assume the actual story will fix that problem...  

ToraNoKage SILVER, Unavailable, Other

Yah, I'm going to be uploading it soon. But the thing is, I sent the first chapter in for a contest, and we're not allowed to have it published yet. But I'm going to be improving it, and hopefully get the judges' permission to upload it soon.

Lone-Wolf-Girl GOLD, Winfield, Missouri

Good things don't last forever, so cherish them while they're here.

when will the real story be up ?? i wanna read it so bad !!!it sounds like a great story !!  

SkylerMorningstar GOLD, Barrie, Other
Awsome job should for sure go on :) keep it up

ToraNoKage SILVER, Unavailable, Other

Yah, so far, my favourite character is a certain Storm spirit <3 *.*

MadelynHope BRONZE, Trophy Club, Texas

"All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them." -Walt Disney

Dude... this idea is AWESOME! Hearing about the elements and stuff really made me want to read the rest and meet some more of the characters... Are there going to be characters for each element? (namely, Shadow and Storm-those just sound COOL) So yeah! Very well written... Kinda cooky, in a good way. :) Keep writing!