Don't Ask me to Feel | Teen Ink

Don't Ask me to Feel

Love is like a poison, stopping my heart. Like morphine it drips through my veins, and slows my hurt. Memories like raindrops ripple through my head. At once, they are both beautiful and bitter. They fill my soul with color and yet, tear my heart to pieces. I wish I could forget; I wish I could put you away forever. You were my sunshine, my addiction. You healed my broken spirit and left me feeling weightless, but I wanted more. For once in my life I wasn't afraid to want more. Then you had to go, and you tore the canvas of my heart until piece by piece, my soul was blank again. You saved me, but you condemned me to a fate worse than death. Now I am left empty. Tears run down my face thick as the blood flowing from my bleeding chest. It wouldn't stop; those things you made me feel. I tried to make it stop, but they flowed like water through the cracks in my heart. I wanted it to stop, anything to numb the pain. So I took it away. I cut away the pain. I held in my hands the reason for my hurt. The chunk of twisted soul I held in my hands still beat with an aching pulse. I couldn't let it stay. Why do I feel? So I put it away, my heart in a box beneath my bed. I don't need it anymore. Some days I open it, and there it beats, waiting for me. I can't do it. I can't feel without feeling you. I forget you now. The color of your eyes; the feel of your hand in mine. All I have to do is open that box and there you are. But I can't. So here I am, with my heart in a box. Going through life with morphine in my veins. I walk through blaring halls with a hole in my chest. All these people, but I am blind to them. I open my eyes and I see through memories. The ghosts of yesterday echo through those halls. I see you look at me, but this time I can't feel. You close those loving eyes and fade away from me. I close my empty eyes and fall; in my box my broken heart beats one last time'

Have you ever cared for someone like they were your one salvation, and then they left you, but they took your heart with them. So you just stand there with a gaping hole in your chest.

amazing how you wrote this. It is almost like a poem, with so much descriptave language. So amazing and True! keep writing! :)

Little-Irish-Girl SILVER, Muskego, Wisconsin
Magical. I love the way you describe everything with such detail and feeling. You are an amazing writer and I can't wait to read more. I absolutely loved this piece. You are very talented.

alex_ruby BRONZE, Southlake, Texas

"There is no such thing as a bad piece of literature... it can just merely be unique"

-me

Bravo! I am new, but when I my pieces are approved check them out! I think that you will like them!

Miara GOLD said...
Miara GOLD, Ottumwa, Iowa

Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.
Dying is a day worth living for.
The problem with being the last of anything is by and by there be none left.

And sometimes the wind blows through the gaping hole where your heart was.  It stings as passes through you.

Babygurl_101 SILVER, N/A, California

"Angels are the quiet girls that just havent been noticed yet"
"The past is the past, and i am your futuer." (<3<3<3<3<3)

wow!!! that was amazing!!! i have felt that way before! plz keep writting~ u did awesome

reesha SILVER said...
reesha SILVER, Rawalpindi, Other

"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them."
Walt Disney

"Hakuna Matata!"
Lion King

"The British policy was 'unite and conquer'. But I say 'unite and conquer'."
Greg Mortenson (Three Cups of Tea)

That was amazing. It captured all the feelings perfectly. I've never technically been in that situation, but I did feel like this when i read 'New Moon' :P

eternal*sunshine SILVER, Seabrook, Texas
Thanks. It really stresses that argument between physical and metaphorical hearts because when it hurts, it's a real ache that you feel in your chest.

Thanks so much! This is one of my better poems but I definitely enjoy getting feedback on all of them!

catik111 SILVER, Des Moines, Iowa

"After all, we are nothing more or less than what we choose to reveal." Francis Underwood (Kevin Spacey), House of Cards

Good point, Good point!

Nobody can. That's why people invented spell check :)

Schubster said...
Captures the feeling immensly. Great job really connecting to the reader. :) i hope you keep writing

catik111 SILVER, Des Moines, Iowa

definitally! (gosh, i cant spell!)

Thanks so much! This is one of my better poems, I'd have to say.

catik111 SILVER, Des Moines, Iowa

i KNOW the feeling. it was a fantabulous article!!!!

AngelMRaven BRONZE, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Its funny how you feel the pain in your chest, even though the hurt is comming from your mind, I liked this story, very metaphoric

vmprexXmelodies BRONZE, Madison, Alabama
That was good! Yeah, I know the feeling.