Tales of a Gutsy Demigod part 3 | Teen Ink

Tales of a Gutsy Demigod part 3

By The-Noir-Poet GOLD, Sandy, Utah
The-Noir-Poet GOLD, Sandy, Utah

"It is part of wisdom never to revisit to a wilderness... To return not only spoils a trip, but also tarnishes a memory." Aldo Leopold

Soon, all the kids at camp had made a circle and Margaret and me where about to begging the fight. All the kids’ where yelling: “fight, fight, fight, fight!”
She sneered at me and said that since I was the insulter, she got to chose what to do. I had to take my shirt off. It was no big deal, until one of the campers said that I had tattoos all over my back, they where wing shaped and color black. Lupa was the only one who knew about my godly father, so they all thought that my dad was the god of tattoo making, or something.
I honestly didn’t know of the tattoos until that camper said something; they had never been there before. And so, we began the fight. She punched me in the chest; knocking the wind out of me, kicked me on the head and grabbed my arm, throwing me in the air, against a tree of a very small size, but it did not stop me from slamming my head against it.
Just as I was slipping away, I heard a gallop of horses and a grown man talking. I didn’t understand what he said, nor did I care.
?

?

?
I woke up in the medical section of the camp, with a few bandages on my chest and a painful sensation on my back. I tried to get up but a woman in a white vest appeared at my side.
“Hello Alex, good morning.” She had a voice like that rustle of leaves on a summer afternoon and her eyes changed color of green tones to brown tones. “My name is Leaphy and I am your medic; its ok if you feel a small uneasiness, its normal in the results of Margaret's fights but you will be in shape in a few weeks.”
“A few weeks,” I yelled, but I wish I had not; I felt a needle of pain straight through my left nostril and side of brain.
“Why a few weeks?” I muttered.
“It’s… complicated,” she said. “I mean, with your back in that state and your bruises…”
“What do you mean, ‘my back in that state;’ I feel fine except for a little bit of pain.”
I got up, looked back and I only saw the tattoos that the camper had signaled… cross that out, I no longer had tattoos, I had a pair of wings; dark with shades of blue, black and purple. I released my thoughts to the felling of tugging on my back. They spread out, they where exactly my size and they looked like the ones a buzzard has. I heard gasping from the other side of the curtains. I walked over there. But before I could open them, I looked over my back; Leaphy was talking with a centaur as he looked at me, his eyes scanning me. It made me wish I didn’t only had my underwear on.
“Hello Alex, welcome to camp, my name is Chiron and I will be training you.”
He had a voice like a veterans, not raspy but, respectable. He had gray hair, and almost all the hair in his horse-human body was gray.
“Oh, Leaphy? I don’t think that Alex has to stay here for a few weeks. I think that the hours in here where good enough.”
“But, master Chiron, he had his jaw broken. And-”
“Does it look like I have my jaw broken?” I said. “Master Chiron, what do you train me to do?”
“Why! My boy, we train young demigods to kill monsters. Now, get dressed and walk with me.”
I got dressed with some clothes that they had of my size: A black pair of jeans, and a green jacket.
As I left the medic center with Chiron at my side, I noticed that the camp was deserted.
“Master Chiron, where is everybody?”
“They are in the beach; I said that they could have the day free. As for you, you are the only son of Death. That is very unusual and I wish to learn more about you. First of all, your father also has wings and who knows how many more powers you can have, Lupe already told me about the incident at your house, and… you don’t need to call me master.”
I was blushing, that was for sure, but one question came to my mind.
“What happened to all the Gods?”
Chiron staggered and looked at me quizzically.
“Nobody at camp is supposed to know about this Alex, but they have been captured by Kronos. This is bad. Very, very, very, very bad. Without the gods, there is no control in the forces of nature. Ah, here we are.”
We had arrived at the entrance of Chiron’s office/house. As we came in, I noticed lots of weapons: Swords, bows, and weapons which I did not know the name of.
“Here we go.” He picked a form, a pen and said: “Alex, I need you to fill this document.”
But I was observing a parchment that had written on it what looked like poetry and had the title of ‘Sibylline book’, but with my ADHD problems, I thought it said ‘Silvia look’. They went like this:
As destructive as a bomb shall the savior of the world come,
From a human’s womb and by deaths hand, He shall make a final stand;
In the temple of his father’s master shall he learn.
The power back to him, shall return
“Alex? What are you doing!? You are not supposed to read those, they are forbidden!”
“Sorry, what did I have to do?”
Chiron got over his anxiety quickly and sighed. “You are supposed to fill this form. Then, take it to the armory and they will provide you with the weapons that you seem fit with.”
Name: Alex.
Last name: Thanatos.
Godly father/mother: Thanatos.
Age: thirteen.
Residence: camp demigod.
Allergies: none
Fears: Mexican wrestling midgets.
Powers: dark spheres of energy, wings (flight), etc.

Ok, that seemed simple enough. But, I had no idea of where the armory was. So I started to walk around and got lost before you can say ‘demigod,’ suddenly I had the tugging sensation in my back and the wings spread out completely. They had been smaller inside the medical center but now they where at least three times my size. I looked up at the sky, it felt safe enough and before I knew it, I was in the air, my wings flapping and the forges straight ahead. As the wind whistled around my ears, I saw what Quiron had said, everybody was at the beach.
THUD!!!
I landed on the ground, my knees buckled under me.
‘I really need to train with these things.’ I thought.
I looked at my back but the wings where no longer there. The tattoos where back, though.
But, I was at the forges, with the formulary in my hand.
“Ho, stranger.” Said a guy dressed in a blue jumpsuit, greasy hands and grease stained rags to which he was cleaning his hand with, making the matter worse.
“Who are you, and what brings you to the Cyclops forges?”
I said. “I am Alex, the son of Death and, I come to get my weapon that Chiron said you’d have.”
The Cyclops roared in laughter. “A son of Death. That is a new one. No, really, who are you really?”
“I say that he is telling the truth, Alfred.” Said a very respectable voice it was Chiron, who clopped to meet him.
“So, you found this place just fine.” He gave me a knowing wink and escorted me to the armory.
“Well, what do you have for me?”
“Funny thing you ask. For the looks of you, I think that you would like to see the armor section first.”
‘No.’ I thought, but followed them anyway.
They gave me an armor that looked like a normal Greek armor from the pictures.
“We made a few holes in the back for your wings.”
“We did?” said Alfred, earning an elbow to the ribs from an ever smiling Chiron, “so you really are the son of Death?” he gasped.
I put it on and it fitted me as if it had a mind of its own.
“It was it was forged from the skin of the lion of Nemea, so it will basically grow with you, in other words, you will never out grow it. But, that is armor. Right now, you wear the camp T-shirt.”
He gave me a red shirt that said, ‘town Demigod’.
I arched an eyebrow. “Is that it?”
Chiron was about to say something, but suddenly a collective screaming was heard from the beach, where everybody was.

Comment please, do you like it? is it good? do you hate it so much you wrecked your computer?!