Scarlet Coven: Kitty Kat Part 2 | Teen Ink

Scarlet Coven: Kitty Kat Part 2

January 14, 2014
By Griffin SILVER, San Bernadino, California
Griffin SILVER, San Bernadino, California
8 articles 0 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I'm sorry to be the one to inform you, but your child is on crack."


Ali sat alone in their poorly-lit living room. She sat on their red velvet couch, rolling a crystal in her palm. Her eyes were dark and sunken, as if she had awoke crying and hung-over, after a night of rough vomiting. Ali’s eyes were fixed upwards looking at their ceiling.

Kat entered the house nonchalantly. She slipped off her sandals and undid her bra under her tank top. Kat cuddled-up closely next to Ali, and poured each of them a cup of tea before Ali could react.

“I’m tired Ali, month after month of pure love and true happiness, and I’m still just tired.” Kat serenaded Ali, and she still did not react. “Hold me Ali,” Ali hugged Kat without hesitation, “I’m tired, sleep with me.”

Kat sipped the tea and snuggled Ali. Ali was bewildered beyond repair. Ali sipped the tea and embraced Kat. The two lovers held each other tightly and sipped the dark poison warmly.
Kat gripped Ali tighter when Ali turned her head to speak,
“You think you’ve lost your love, but I saw her yesterday-ay-ay, and she told me what to say-ay-ay.” Ali sang with a broken voice. Her eyes now fixed upon Kat’s brow.

“Apologize to her-er-er.” Kat’s eyes never returned the glance, instead her eyes look to the mirror. She watched the second hand of the clock tick backwards in its reflection.

Ali’s body lie still, eyes open, fixed onto Kat. Kat pried Ali off of her. The sound of the door shook Kat as Lauren entered.

“Hello? Everything went according to plan? It’s been rather quiet in here.” Lauren entered sweetly. “Did you poison her? Did my antidote work?”

“If it didn’t work, you’d have killed us with those questions.” Kat spoke sternly as she got up.

“Well, I kind of had a vision of us succeeding.” Lauren’s smile lit up most of the room.

“Next time, if you don’t tell me everything you know I’m going to kill you.” Kat spoke as she put on her bra.

“Of course I will, but um, does that mean you had a vision of a next time?”

“”I hope there is never a next time. You think I liked killing my loved one? And learning that she killed my first love?” Kat was now disgusted by Lauren’s company.

“Well, I see how it is. I’m happy to have helped you. I’m sorry to hear how you are feeling. Now I must return to school.” Lauren left feeling unappreciated and slammed the door on her way out.

Kat sat next to Ali’s body on the couch. She grabbed a lit cigarette from the enchanted ashtray and puffed away as she grabbed her cell-phone.

“Hey Sandra, call me when you get this message. I’m calling in that favor now. Never thought we’d have to do this again.” Kat told the machine.

There was a rough knocking at the door.

“Er-um, See you soon.” Kat hung-up as she headed to the door, “Lauren you better not be back.” She yelled as she open the door.

“We are not her.” The young man spoke from behind his mask, “I assure you.”

Kat absorbed the sight of the two. A young woman dressed in luxurious robes, and a hero with a dark mask to match his almost completely-black outfit.

“What do yo-” Kat tried to say.

“I am Princess Dom and I’m sure you must know who the Silver Falcon is.” The Princess introduced as she guided Silver Falcon past Kat and over next to the body of Ali.

“That explains the silver falcon on your shirt.” Kat spoke defensively.

The two guests made themselves comfortable and sipped the tea. Before, Kat could warn them the Princess spoke. “Don’t worry, a weak poison could never hurt the two of us little kitten.” The two laughed together.

Kat did not know how to feel or act.

“I can read your mind, I’m not right now, but I can.” The hero reminded her. “I can levitate any object I see, and I can teleport.”

“We know you need help disposing of this body. We came to help as a token of good will.” The princess spoke as she sipped. “Now.” She commanded the hero. He turned his head, shut his eyes, nodded, and then the body vanished.
“Thanks?” Kat walked over and sipped tea with them having already ingested the antidote. “Where did you send her?” Kat looked into dark eyes behind his mask.

“She is in the cemetery we added to my garden, it is protected and no one can harm her there. You can visit her whenever you wish, if you join us.” The princess spoke presumptuously.

“So you do want me.” Kat had discovered what she already knew.

“There is a war brewing Kat and the princess needs you. I am already too preoccupied most of the time, and we would love to help someone as powerful as you if you are willing to help us.” The hero offered.

“As much as I’d love to say no, you kind of just helped me murder the only person I’ve spoken to in months. Take me to your palace.”

“Yay!” The princess exclaimed.

“Rad as hell.” The hero smiled, he grabbed the hands of the two women, and they were in front of the princess’s mansion.

“Oh, my palace is actually underwater, but I have this mansion for now. Its quaint but I like it.” The princess apologized.

Kat took a few moments to breathe in the sight of the mansion and the even more breathtaking view that surrounded the mansion. From the mansion’s spot at the top of the hill Kat could see everything from Santa Monica to Long Beach. She did not know whom she was dealing with, but she was now excited to deal with them.


The author's comments:
Ending can also be beginnings. The third in the Scarlet coven series.