The Shadow | Teen Ink

The Shadow

By m-ashreader GOLD, Homercity, Pennsylvania
m-ashreader GOLD, Homercity, Pennsylvania

"You never know until you try!" -author unknown

A gunshot then silence.  I jolted awake in my bed.  Had it been just another nightmare.  I slowly sat up looking out into the dark hallway.  A dark shadow was standing  near my bathroom door.  Trying to reassure myself it was nothing I got silently out of bed.  I tiptoed to my bedroom door and started into the hallway when a hand grabbed me!  As I opened my mouth to scream and hand clamped over my mouth.  I struggled trying to kick and punch whoever held me but they had an iron grip.  The shadow spoke “Stop fighting.  I’m trying to help you.”  A glimmer of light showed it was man holding me.  He looked young and a dark beard covered his chin.  His build was stocky but muscular.  I managed a few words “How are you helping me?”  He gave a brief smile “You’ll soon find out.”   I saw him pull something from his pocket.  I began to kick him again but he held me.  I felt something poke my neck and darkness overtook me. 

WanderingCoyote BRONZE, Liberty, Missouri

"I have no fear of losing my life - if I have to save a koala or a crocodile or a kangaroo or a snake, mate, I will save it." -Steve Irwin

Nice. I really like it, but maybe you could add in a bit more expression, like add some tangibility to it? Other than that I love it!