The Twelve Miracles | Teen Ink

The Twelve Miracles

November 11, 2016
By Hawkmoon BRONZE, Utica, New York
Hawkmoon BRONZE, Utica, New York
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

There is a legend, one that people used to tell everyone about but ultimately forgot, “The Twelve Miracles”, champions chosen by the Greek gods themselves to protect different parts of the world from the impurities, an ancient enemy of the Greek gods for thousands of years.
The impurities can take from of things such as demons, evil or vengeful spirits, griffins, gargoyles, anything can be turned into a impurity, they can also be born from a person’s soul once that person has died, depending on how many sins the person has committed, those sins will consume the soul and turn it into an evil spirit.
Although they were sealed away thousands of years ago by the previous champions of Zeus, Poseidon and Hades, someone or something has set them free again and now they obey whatever set them free.
This causes problems for Hades, god of the underworld, since they become an evil spirit who still walk the earth, tormenting anybody they can get their hands on, they can’t crossover to the underworld, and that in turn, causes Hades to lose his power, it’s such a big problem that even Hades promised that he would help with the threat.
Each champion possesses a special trait and power, along with marks that symbolizes their god.
You might be wondering, “What powers do each of the gods grant their champions?” Well, before we get into that, let’s meet our main hero, shall we?

The setting is in Tokyo, Japan, currently, it is December 31st, 2016, there are people gather in Tokyo Central to count down to the new year, at a small tree, there was a girl there, waiting for someone, she had long brown hair and dark brown eyes, she was wearing a white coat, along with a blue skirt and black knee socks and white sneakers, she was on her phone, texting someone, then a boy approaches her.
“Sorry I’m late!” The boy said to the girl.
The girl looks up at the boy, he had black hair and yellow eyes, he was wearing black glasses and had grey sweater with a black winter vest over it, along with blue jeans and white shoes.
“You better be sorry, what kind of guy leaves his girlfriend waiting for 30 minutes!” The girl yelled to the boy.
The boy holds out his hand to the girl.
“Then let me make it up to you, may I lead you by the hand my lady?” The boy said to the girl.
The girl blushes as she takes his hand, together they start walking around Tokyo Central, looking at all the people that gathered for New Year’s Eve, they go to a food stand that was selling takoyaki (a ball-shaped Japanese snack made of a wheat flour-based batter and cooked in a special molded pan.), the boy orders some and feeds it to the girl, the girl smiles and eats it.
“It’s so good!” the girl yelled.
“You always say that!” the boy replied.
“Well I’m sorry for loving food then!” the girl replied.
The boy chuckles, they start walking again, the people around them were celebrating with their friends and families, they were taking pictures and recording videos.
“Hey Ayato, how much longer until New Year’s?” the girl asked the boy.
Ayato looks at his watch, 5 minutes until 12 p.m.
“5 minutes, let’s get to the town center!” Ayato told the girl.
Together, they run to the center of the town, where the giant tv was counting down to 12 p.m., currently 1 minute left, then a group of people approach Ayato.
“Ayato and Yumi sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G!” they sang.
Ayato and Yumi look back, there was a group of three people standing behind them, a girl and two boys.
“Kenji, Misato, Yuya!” Ayato called out to them.
“So you guys came here too huh?” Kenji said to Ayato.
Misato sees Ayato and Yumi holding hands.
“Oh, what’s this? Is our two love birds on a date?” Misato teased Yumi.
“Are we interrupting anything?” Yuya asked.
“Nothing much, we were just about to watch the countdown and-“
“Kiss each other as a start for the new year’s, then head back to your apartment and make L-O-V-E!” Misato interrupted.
Ayato and Yumi blush just at the thought of it, then Ayato crouches, trying to hide the raging demon in his pants.
“Misato! You need to stop saying stuff like that! You’ve been reading those manga again haven’t you!?” Yumi yelled to Misato.
“Maybe just a bit!” Misato replied.
“Well, we wouldn’t want to interrupt your little date! Come on guys, let’s give them some alone time!” Kenji said to everyone, then Kenji leans over to Ayato and whispers in his ears, “By the way, you’re going need this.”
Kenji gives Ayato what feels like a sheet of paper, then once Misato, Kenji and Yuya leaves, Kenji looks in his hand, it was a condom, Ayato looks around to see if anyone was looking, then he looks at Yumi, she was still waving goodbye to the group, then he quickly puts the condom in his pocket, then, him and Yumi look back at the t.v., 10 seconds left, the people there were counting down.
“10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5!” they counted.
Yumi and Ayato look at each other and smile.
“4. 3, 2, 1!” they counted again.
Yumi and Ayato lean towards each other for a kiss, then they hear someone screaming.
“What’s that!?” someone screamed.
At the top of the T.V., there was someone standing there, he had a black leather suit on and had long black hair with black lipstick on and half of a skull mask that covered the top half of his face, he raises his hands.
“Hello humanity!” the man on top of the T.V. yelled.
Then, the people notice the sun moving behind the moon.
“Hey, what’s going on!? Why is the sun there!?” the people yelled.
“Allow me to introduce myself! My name is Slayer! Why is my name Slayer you may ask? Well that’s because, I’m about to kill this reality you call “everyday life!” How you may ask? Well, with something no human has ever come across! I’ve obtained the ultimate power! And soon, this world…Will…Know… FEAR! And I will be king of a new world! Appear my subordinates!” the man yelled.
Then, under the solar eclipse, demons, evil and vengeful spirits appear, the spirits had a red aura and glow around them and on their bodies, the demons were beasts such as werewolves, werebears, and vampires with armor and weapons.
“We, will become one!” Slayer yelled as his right fist glows a dark purple.
Slayer then jumps down and slams down onto the ground with his fist, then from the impact of his fist, the ground cracks and a red glow appears from the crack, a red mist rises from the crack in the ground and starts to take form and solidifies, it was a 700-foot giant orc with a mace and black armor on the bottom half of his body, he roars, everybody runs for their lives.
“Spirits of the forsaken, obey my command, stop time as it is and combine our ambitions into one!” Slayer yelled to the sky, then the impurities raise their hands to the sky, their evil energy releases an explosion, the explosion was colored black and red, it’s field spread, soon it covered the whole world, the earth stops rotating, the moon as well, both the moon and the earth are still.
“Amazing! Simply amazing! So, this is the power of the impurities! No wonder why Zeus wanted them gone! With this power, I’ll conquer the world!
The giant orc smashes the building in the middle, the building collapses as Slayer just laughs, the spirits chase the people and enter their bodies, the human’s eyes roll to the back of their heads, then their eyeballs turn completely black, then they begin to chase the humans, the vampires grab the humans and suck out their blood, as they suck out the human’s blood, they also suck out their nutrients, causing their bodies to shrivel up and die, they aren’t taking any prisoners.
Ayato and Yumi, still holding hands, continue to run away from the spirits and demons, then, Yumi is pushed back by someone trying to get ahead.
“Get out of my way!” the man yelled as he pushed Yumi back.
Yumi keeps getting pushed back into the demons and spirits, Ayato tries to get to Yumi.
“Yumi!” Ayato yelled, as the crowd is pushing him forward.
Ayato starts to push everyone out of the way and runs towards Yumi.
“Yumi! Are you okay!?” Ayato asked.
“My… My ankle!” Yumi yelled.
Yumi had sprained her ankle when she fell, Ayato helps her up and puts her arms around his neck.
“Come on, I got you! We have to get out of here!” Ayato said to Yumi.
Then, they are surrounded by 8 creatures, 2 spirits, 3gargoyles, 2 griffins, and 1 werebear.
“Yumi, get behind me!” Ayato said to Yumi.
Yumi does as he says and stands behind him.
“Oh, so the human thinks he can take us on!” one of the griffins said.
“You can talk!?” Ayato said.
“Of course we can talk you idiotic human! We could talk before your kind even learned to walk!” shouted one of the griffins.
“Why are you doing this then!? If you’re smart enough that you learned to talk, then why cause all this destruction!?” Ayato asked.
“Why? Because humans are despicable creatures! You people take the land you’re given for granted and destroy homes for other beings, your kind never gave a damn about anybody but yourselves!” one of the gargoyles replied.
“But us, we’re different, we thrive off the land! To us, the land is a sanctuary, where you can be free and enjoy the scenery! It was heaven to us! And you people see it as nothing more than dirt and grass!” the werebear yelled to Ayato.
“If you hate humans that much, then why are you helping that guy, Slayer!?” Ayato asked.
“He is one of few people who understand how disgusting humanity is, you people spend more time fighting over sheets of paper rather than even trying to unite as people! Slayer has been used and betrayed by your kind, understanding how worthless humanity is, he searched far and wide to find the one thing that can release us from our prison! And when he released us, he promised a world rid of disgusting humans!” the griffin explained.
“How horrible!” Yumi yelled out, “Sure humanity isn’t perfect, but what makes you the superior beings! If you kill us, then you’re no better than us!”
“You best be quiet human!” the gargoyle said to Yumi.
“Enough talk, let’s thrash ‘em!” the werebear yelled out.
Ayato holds Yumi in his arms.
“Don’t worry, no matter what happens Yumi, I’ll always protect you!” Ayato said to Yumi.
“Ayato…” Yumi said as she stares into his eyes.
“I get the first strike!” The werebear yelled out.
Ayato closes his eyes, then, he hears silence, Ayato opens his eyes, all the creatures were looking at the werebear, Ayato looks behind him, the werebear had a sword engulfed in black fire through his chest, though the blade had a pointed tip, the flames engulfed it, making a rectangle around the blade, the blade retracts, then the werebear’s head gets cut off, as the body falls, there was a boy with white hair in blade spikey armor standing behind the werebear, the boy looks at the other creatures with his cold red eyes.
“N-No way!” one of the griffins yelled.
“That blade, those flames, are you who I think you are!?” one of the gargoyles screamed.
The boy points his blade at the creatures.
“My name, is Yuji Hideki, and I am the champion of the god of the underworld, Hades!” the boy proclaimed.
“If you’re here, then that means the other ones are too!” one the spirits shouted.
“Feel the flames of my wrath!” Yuji proclaimed as he swung his sword to the right.
The swing from Yuji’s created a wall of black fire, separating the creatures from Ayato and Yumi, the creatures back away from the flames.
“There’s no way we’ll win when the champions are here!” one the gargoyle proclaimed.
“Calm down! There’s seven of us and only one of him! If we gang up on him, he won’t have a chance!” the griffin explained.
“You may have me outnumbered, but you’re outmatched, both in ability, and power!” Yuji proclaimed.
Yuji Points his blade towards the creatures.
“Attack!” the griffin shouted!
The creatures rush Yuji, the griffins and gargoyles take to the sky and charge from above, the spirits go underground and around the fire, they reappear from the ground and fly towards him, Yuji charges at the spirits with his with his blade, he swings at the spirit to his right, the spirit is defeated and erased by the black flames, he turns to ash as Yuji uses the momentum from his swing to spin a full 360 degrees and strike the spirit on his left, as he swung, the spirit to his left is engulfed in flames and turns into ash and his blade releases a stream of black fire, it launches towards the gargoyle to his right, the gargoyle was flying too fast to dodge and the flames strike him.
“You’ll pay for that!” the gargoyle to his left shouted.
Yuji opens his hand and aims at the gargoyles, then an arm made of black fire appears and extends to grab the two gargoyles, with his arm made of black fire, he slams the two gargoyles down to the ground.
“Now!” one of the griffins yelled as both griffins charged towards Yuji, Yuji immediately looks behind him and blocks both of their talons with his sword, he is pushed back by the momentum from their charge.
“Let go now!” the other griffin yelled as they release their talons hold on Yuji’s sword, one of the gargoyles rush towards Yuji, Yuji backflips over the gargoyle and lands perfectly, the second gargoyle behind Yuji breathes fire and unleashes his flames on Yuji, Yuji is hit by the flames.
“Is that…? Yuji?” Ayato asked himself.
“Yuji!” Yumi yelled.
“How’s that!? A taste of your own medicine!” the gargoyle yelled.
Then, the flames that Yuji was hit by vanishes in an instant, Yuji is unharmed.
“What!?” The gargoyle behind him yelled.
“Did you really just breath fire to someone who can withstand heat up to 10,000,000 degrees?” Yuji asked the gargoyle, “I guess you’re the inferior race when it comes to intelligence.” Yuji said to the gargoyle behind him.
Then, the two gargoyles both breathe fire on him at the same time, Yuji is completely engulfed by their flames, when they stop, Yuji is gone.
“Where did he go!?” the gargoyle yelled.
The two griffins look around, then from above like a hawk hunting its prey, Yuji lands on top on one of the griffins and strike the top of the griffin’s head, the griffin is engulfed in flames and is burned to ash, Yuji is now free falling, his back is facing the ground, the last griffin swoops down after him, Yuji reaches his left arm out, the arm made of black flames appear again and grabs the griffin.
“What!? His arm, it moves so fast! I, the griffin, have 20/20 vision, and yet I still couldn’t see his arm!?” the griffin said to himself.
Yuji slams the griffin down to the ground before he lands, the griffin lands on the ground hard, so hard in fact that the impact created a crater, then Yuji land on top of the griffin, striking the center of its chest, the griffin is engulfed in flames and dies.
“He’s, too strong!” one of the gargoyles proclaimed.
“He moved so fast, I didn’t even see him!” the other gargoyle yelled.
Then, in the blink of an eye, Yuji appears in front of the gargoyles and strikes them both, with cut marks on their chest, making an “X”, the gargoyles, like the other creatures he’s defeated, are engulfed by his black flames and turn into ash.
“Y-Yuji!” Ayato called out to Yuji.
Yuji looks at Ayato with his cold red eyes, indicating he doesn’t want to speak to Ayato or Yumi, then, Ayato, Yumi, and Yuji hear the roar of the giant orc, Slayer was on the giant orc’s left shoulder.
“So you’re the champion of Hades huh?” Slayer yelled out to Yuji.
Yuji faces the giant orc.
“Have to admit, not what I was expecting, but man, you are good!” Slayer yelled.
Yuji remains silent, Slayer starts with a chuckle, then the chuckle escalates into uncontrollable laughter.
“One of those “Silent but strong” are you? Well it’s doesn’t matter in the slightest! Before me and my awesome power, you and the other champions have no chance against me!” Slayer yelled, “Crush them!” Slayer commanded the orc.
The orc roars and starts running towards Yuji, Yuji charges towards the orc, Yuji uses his arm made of black flames to grab the orc’s right shoulder, he reels himself in towards the orc, the orc fires a beam of energy towards Yuji.
Yuji; Still reeling in; releases the grip he had on the orc’s shoulder and uses his sword to cut the beam of energy in half, since it was cut in half, it missed Ayato and Yumi by a mile.
“Let’s get going!” Ayato said to Yumi.
“Yeah, great advice!” Yumi said to Ayato as they start running.
Yuji falls, he uses his extendable fire arm to grab the orc’s right elbow instead and reels himself upward, from there, he swings to the left, then to the right to land on the orc’s arm, he runs towards the orc’s neck, then, Slayer teleports in front of Yuji and strikes with his fist that was still glowing purple, Yuji blocks with his sword just in time, they are at a standstill now, neither one able to push back the other, then they both jump back and charge again.
Slayer punches Yuji with his left fist, Yuji dodges and sweeps Slayer’s legs under him and trips him, Slayer lands flat on his back, Yuji strikes down with his sword, aiming for Slayer’s head, Slayer dodges and the sword strikes the orc’s arm instead, then, a stream of black flames head up the orc’s arm and essentially damages him.
The orc stops running and holds his right arm in pain, then he swings his right arm wildly, sending Slayer and Yuji flying, despite that, they are still clashing with each other, Yuji swings to the right, Slayer punches away Yuji’s blade with his right fist, then Slayer manages to grab Yuji, Yuji headbutts him and knee kicks him in the stomach, Yuji; Switching to a backhanded grip; Attempts to stab Slayer with his sword, Slayer grabs the blade, although it doesn’t burn him, the blade itself is cutting his hands, his hands start bleeding as Yuji pushes forward with his blade, Yuji kicks slayer off of him and grabs him with his arm made of flames, he grabs Slayer’s face and throws him down to towards the ground.
Then he turns his back to the ground and throws his sword to hit the orc in between his eyes, he throws the sword so fast, it broke the sound barrier, it hits the orc in between the eyes, then the flames from the sword creates a stream of black flames and engulfs the orc’s head, his head turns into ash, the orc’s body slowly burns away.
Yuji turns his body around so that the front of his body was facing the ground, his body starts emanating a black smoke, then his whole body turns into smoke and vanishes, then moments later, black smoke appears on the ground and solidifies, Yuji appears from the smoke, he walks towards Slayer, who was still laying in the crater.
“Not…Bad” Slayer said weakly, “But… I still… Have a few… Tricks up my sleeve…”
Then, a white flash blinds Yuji, Yuji closes his eyes, when the flash was gone, Slayer was gone, the solar eclipse was ending, the sun was moving back to the other side of the earth.
“Slayer…” Yuji thought to himself.