Annie's trip to Rome | Teen Ink

Annie's trip to Rome

By Realjay41 DIAMOND, Culpeper , Virginia
Realjay41 DIAMOND, Culpeper , Virginia

I was walking along through Rome, Italy. Never even thought of making new friends. My name is Annie Johnson. I was listening to one of those audio tours.

Above my headphones, I heard,"Annie." I stopped listening and walking. I looked around and didn't see anyone. 'Who was calling my name?' I thought as I was looking around.

I gave up and started back to my tour. "Annie!" The voice said. "What?!" I cried, anyoyed to death. Then a hand touched my shoulder.

It werld me around and I saw Julius Ceaser. My jaw dropped. I've heard about him. "What can I do for you?" I asked. " can you bring my best friend here?" He asked.

"Brutus?" I asked and he nodded. I nodded and went off to find Brutus. I hiked up the mountain and found a Roman camp.

Sundenly I was overwhelmed by exited Roman soldiers. My name is very popular among the ghosts. Ounce I got passed by the soldiers, I went on my way to find Brutus.

Then I saw him. A lonely General standing by a tree. He was crying and he was acting like he was punishing himself. "Brutus?" I
called out gently.

He looked at me in surprise. "Hi, I'm Annie. I was sent to find you by Julius." I said. Brutus said," what does he want?" "He wants to tell you something. " I said.

" What?" He asked. " I don't know." I said. We both decided to go to Rome and go see Julius. As we walked along, we got to know each other.

As we were heading to the senate house, a loud noise sounded above us. "It's Nero and his helicopters!" Brutus cried. I became scared for one of Nero's spies had told him that I had come to Rome!

" I'm scared!" I said. Brutus grabbed my hand and pulled me into the senate. I felt like Brutus was becoming a big brother to me.

Brutus and I raced in. Julius stood up and walked up to Brutus. Both of them got rid of the grudge he had held onto for so long. Then they started talking about how to get Nero away from me.

" I don't want Annie to get hurt. She's like a little sister I've never had." Brutus said. "Me two. Annie's been through a hard time already." Julius said. I heard the door open.

I became scared of Nero's guards." Brutus! Julius!" I cried as rough hands grabbed my hands. " Annie!" Julius cried as I was being dragged out the door.

I found myself in the arena. Well, I fought back and took down Nero. I rejoined my friends.