A Perfect Fall Morning | Teen Ink

A Perfect Fall Morning

October 18, 2023
By Anonymous

The rain quietly patters on the window as I slowly open my eyes. Once I am fully out of my bed, I carefully fold my orange and black blanket, which is displayed with an array of pumpkins, and lay it on the end of my bed. I walk over to my window and begin to open my blinds. When I peer out of my slightly fogged up window, I see an array of orange and brown dried leaves slowly falling from the trees as rain drizzles down my window.

I head into the kitchen to begin making breakfast. I start by putting a pumpkin spice Keurig pod into my Keurig and put a pan on the stove. I begin to cook a batch of pumpkin pancakes. While my first pancake Is cooking, I put on an episode of Gilmore Girls. all I hear is the sound of sizzling pancake batter, the last bit of coffee sputtering into my fall mug, and the Gilmore Girls theme song quietly going in the background. Once my coffee is done brewing and my pancakes are done, I head into my living room and eat my breakfast while wrapped up in a different fall blanket, this one with a display of green and orange leaves. As I eat, even though focused on my show, out of the corner of my eye I see leaves slowly falling off the trees in my backyard. I put my plate in the sink and head into my bathroom.

Once I’m in my bathroom I begin to change into a white sports bra and bright blue biker shorts. I quickly tie up my hair and then head back to the kitchen to fill up my Stanley cup. Before I know It, Cooper, my brother, and I are on our way to the gym. The rain is still slightly falling and “There She Goes” by the La’s plays on the radio as we drive through beautiful fall foliage. As my brother continues to accelerate blurs of orange, red, and brown flash by. Once we make it into the gym, we go our separate ways and I start my workout; a mix of Drake, Gunna, and Taylor Swift play through my air pods as I do a variety of exercises targeting back and biceps. In about an hour and half and both my brother and I are finished, and we head home.

 Once home, I head into my bathroom and quickly shower and do my skincare. Once I am ready for the day, I change into a pair of grey sweatpants that slightly flare out at the end, and a fitted long sleeve brown shirt. Now fully dressed, I put on my gold hoops and my Kendra Scott necklace.

I now head back into my room, grab my purse and head back out the door and back into the car. I’m now on the way to Heine Brothers to meet up with my best friend. I order an iced white mocha and a slice of banana bread. Once my friend arrives, she orders, and we talk. We talk and talk; about the week we had, our morning, the latest gossip. We talk about it all. As we catch up the world around us doesn’t stop, leaves still fall, rain still drizzles, cars still move. Yet we stayed still. I let out a sigh, take a sip of my coffee and feel a sense of calmness. In my head all I can think about is “what an amazing day I just had.”