Who will listen? | Teen Ink

Who will listen?

June 28, 2010
By Autumn5100 PLATINUM, Islamabad, Other
Autumn5100 PLATINUM, Islamabad, Other
34 articles 0 photos 40 comments

Favorite Quote:
All good things must come to an end.


All together we sit with out hands apart,
Looking around searching for a way to start,
Finding ourselves fading away,
With really not much to say,
Just a lingering thought,
About everything that was fought…or not,
One of us stands up to walk away,
And the other watches but can only stay,
We both get farther apart,
Hiding what’s in our heart,
Never will we say “I need you”
But who will listen who?

I was just sitting there under the moonlight drenched in my own tears, recounting what had happened that day. I didn’t want this life, I didn’t want to be the one who ruined things for everyone and I definitely didn’t want to be the one who always messed everything up.
I knew that if I sat there alone for sometime, I would have forgiven myself and tried to forget but then he showed up and just stared at me with his crimson eyes. All I could do was sit there with my head down, trying my best not to let him see my tears. I hoped that if I kept silent long enough then he would go away. I was wrong, he just sat down right next to me and without a word he just stared at the sky.
Sitting with him, I started to think about what to say to make him stay, to make him remember that if I needed anyone in my life it was him and only him. But somehow the words wouldn’t escape my mouth. I just sat there thinking about how my best friend, my brother, the one who acted as mother and father to me decided to leave for war. I just sat and thought about all the dishes I threw and all the things I said in anger and how I cried and just ran away. Without meaning to I had created a wall between us that could never be broken down. I couldn’t bare it any longer and the tears poured out like a water fall.
Suddenly he stood up to leave and I just stared, I just looked at him wishing I knew what to say, what to do to make him stop but I knew there was nothing. I just watched him walk away and never could I get myself to say, “Don’t leave brother, I need you”
But it was too late. No one was around to hear and I had just let him go on his way and do what he wanted. There was no one left for me to dry my tears and help me through. I had lost everything I once cherished.