The Colors of Love | Teen Ink

The Colors of Love MAG

Red is the color I turned when Mark Adams first kissed me on the cheek. I said I most certainly did not like him, and he said he could prove I was lying. He knew a special test. By changing colors I failed the test, and he couldn’t stop laughing.

Orange was the color of our fingertips when we finished a family-sized bag of Cheetos. We stayed up all night watching “Star Wars” movies. Mark couldn’t believe I’d never seen a George Lucas film. We didn’t eat popcorn because he had lost his popcorn-popping privileges. He didn’t tell me why; he just said it was a dark day in the Adams household.

Yellow daffodils were pushing up from the ground when he took me to the park, saying we must “celebrate spring.” He brought an enormous red kite, the kind that has a tail with ribbons. As we sat in the grass, he undid the sun-colored ribbon in my brown hair, adding it to the tail of the kite. We ran all around the park to keep our kite flying, the ribbons waving.

Green was the color of Mark’s face after we rode the biggest roller coaster in the amusement park. He’s afraid of them, but he rode it anyway to prove that he was “man enough,” I guess. When the ride was over, he dashed to the nearest trash can, emptying his stomach. So much for manhood. I couldn’t stop laughing. That is, until he said if I didn’t stop, he’d kiss me on the mouth. Barf kiss: gross!

Blue envelopes are tied up with string in a shoebox under my bed. Love letters Mark left in my locker, signed, “Your secret admirer, Mark.” I told him signing his name defeated the purpose of a secret admirer, but he said he didn’t care.

Indigo ink on the palm of his hand where he wrote “I love you.” I kissed his palm, and all of his fingers, before settling on his mouth.

Violet roses I received a week before our anniversary. We never exchanged gifts on that day. He said red ones were overdone. “Besides,” he added, “violet is the color of passion.” He waggled his eyebrows, and I laughed, hitting him lightly on the arm.

The colors of the rainbow are the ties that bring Mark and me together. Growing ever stronger, they portray our love.

love.lauren GOLD, Eagle Lake, Minnesota

"That's Sweeto!"-my friend, Shelby

Such a creative idea. True story? If not...it's still good.

cookie_monsta BRONZE, Santa Rosa, California

love is a hobby not a requirement to me

i love this story its so sweet my fav colors in the story is red cause my fav clr n blue cause this guy i really like gave me aa blue doggie

firstsnowfalls DIAMOND, Marcellus, New York
cute and charming!  Nice job.

MusicIsLife013 SILVER, New York, New York

"Light, like the flutter of wings, feel your hollow voice rushing into me
As you're longing to sing" -AFI

"Here we go again, I kinda wanna be more than friends, so take it easy on me I'm afraid you're never satisfied." -Neon Trees

aws, this is so cute!!!

Loveandboxing PLATINUM, Levvitwon, Pennsylvania

Eat, Sleep, Sing (by me)
Writing is an art few people master it. -me

lov it girl. u n mark sound happy! yaaay 4 u!

awesomeaugust GOLD, Boston, Massachusetts

"Keep your eyes on the stars and your feet on the ground"
~Theordore Roosevelt

Oh my goodness this is soo adorable! I loved the simplicity of the writing and the tone went perfectly with the idea of a "first love". The only critisim I might have is that with such a strong story I would have liked a stronger ending- I felt like you were just trying to finish it but the ending is one of the most important parts of a story ! :) Either way it was overall a very charming story and I hope you keep writing- you have a gift!

~Sofia~

mandygale77 said...
That was so sweet! The ending probably could have been reworded a little, but I love the idea, and the whole rest of the thing was amazing. Great job!

star_struck_93, Smithville, Mississippi

"Music speaks what cannot be expressed, soothes the mind and gives it rest, heals the heart and makes it whole, flows from heaven to the soul.”

This is so great! I love this!

ThunderLovestheRain SILVER, Brookhaven, Mississippi

"Don't fret when it rains on your parade...just learn to dance in it."

"Be yourself...everyone else is already taken."

"Speak your mind, even if your voice shakes."

That was so sweet!

JohnnyDeppLover123 DIAMOND, Holyoke, Massachusetts

Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them.
William Shakespeare

OMG that was just too cute...I loved that so much...wow that was really good keep up the good work because your really good at it!!! For Sure!!! Again just too cute (in a good way!) lol... : ]

ohmigosh! thats adorhabel! i love it! great job

coco_babe BRONZE, Dapto, Other
naww that was so cute :)

SaraRoxsHerSox SILVER, McVeytown, Pennsylvania

"Brochacho!"

This is really beautiful! Wow!

SarahC BRONZE said...
SarahC BRONZE, Louisville, Kentucky

"Today I caught myself smiling for no reason... then I realized I was thinking about you"

I love it! It is so sweet! *tear*

SarahC BRONZE said...
SarahC BRONZE, Louisville, Kentucky

haha, i agree

twiwrite GOLD said...
twiwrite GOLD, Modesto, California

none :P

this was beautiful.

amber96_ said...
amber96_, Anglesey, Other

"no"

actually beautiful :-)

that is really cute. :) good job!

adristar96 SILVER, Miami, Florida

Life is like a box of chocolate, You'll never know what your gonna get. :) Forest Gump

Very amazing I love it its very creative with the colors :)

VampiericRain GOLD, Amarillo, Texas

Would you like a side of epic with that fail?

Wow. Who knew that a rainbow could show love?