Creature of the Night | Teen Ink

Creature of the Night

December 17, 2010
By BwendaRawr BRONZE, Rancho Cucamonga, California
BwendaRawr BRONZE, Rancho Cucamonga, California
1 article 2 photos 1 comment

The wind howled, the leaves from the trees falling silently. The girl walked through the dark forest, the leaves crushing underneath her. She wrapped her arms around herself to keep warm from the blistering wind. Her cheeks flushed red from the cold. She did not know where she was headed for. She only knew she had to get away. Away from the monster who's been stalking her for a while now. She tried to not think of him, for his appearance scared her to death. She started to pick up her pace when she heard a slight whisper behind her. No, he wouldn't catch her. Her fast pace turned into a jog. She suddenly heard him call out her name. She broke into a run, dodging trees as best as she could. She knew she couldn't outrun him but she had to try.
"Alice." It called. She suddenly stopped, leaning against a tree to catch her breath. Her chest expanded and fell rapidly. The monster suddenly appeared, eyeing her with an odd look in his eyes. He was handsome; pale, with charcoal eyes and midnight hair. He smiled as two fangs shot out hungrily. His features turned dark as he crept closer. He had finally caught his prey. He grabbed her by the neck, somewhat gentle, and placed his mouth over her neck. His fangs slowly seeped into the flesh, digging into its meal. Blood oozed out as the man eagerly chugged it down. Once he had drank the last of it, he slowly placed the remains of his meal on the ground. The wind blew even harder, sending the leaves flying in the air. The man stared down at the girl, her face pale as winter's snow, her lips sealed and her body still. Her eyes suddenly fluttered open, searching through the forest as if she'd just seen it. She opened her mouth, reviling fangs of her own. She suddenly smelled something intriguing, tingling her senses. The new creature of the night jumped up and ran off out of the forest, her fangs exposed, longing for blood.