The Birth of an Eraser Shaving | Teen Ink

The Birth of an Eraser Shaving

By lblume1047 SILVER, Auburn, New York
lblume1047 SILVER, Auburn, New York

"We are a nation that is unenlightened because of religion. I do believe that. I think religion stops people from thinking. I think it justified crazies.” - Bill Maher, My hero :)

You're born from a mistake. One simple error that breeds a litter of tiny eraser shavings. The first few moments of your life is spent on a desk. This, sadly, will be the highlight of your life, but before you can really comprehend the idea of a constant downward spiral, you're brushed onto the floor like some disregarded little scrap of matter. You’re on the floor now, looking up at the giant world around you. You think to yourself that there's nowhere to go up, but you are sadly mistaken.
It's been hours since you last saw your mother and father. They were a part of a sadistic arranged marriage orchestrated by some higher power. Your mother was the picture of perfection: Young, thin, and so full of promise. Your father however, was totally different. He was the mistake. He never planned to be a part of your life, and he never will be. He left shortly after your birth. You contemplate the circumstances, and can’t help but feel hopeless. Out of nowhere, the lights in the classroom come on, and you see a pair of work boots walk around the floor. You are now lost in thought, consumed by the fantasy of escape, when without warning you are swept up and shaken into the garbage can with hundreds of other seemingly lost souls. You know where you are going, it’s almost an instinct. The landfill is the last stop of your short life: The final resting place. You’re going to the place where all other outcasts of everyday life go to. Somehow, you can only think of your mother. Even if she was in your life for just a while, you can smell her; feel her touch… so full of warmth and comfort. It’s then you realize, your mother didn’t leave you. She was taken away from you. The world, with all of its harshness and cruelty, took her away from you. However, none of it matters anymore. You are in the final step of life: Death. All of it will resume again. The façade of life never ends, and neither does the pain. As you come to realize this, you are overcome with a feeling of acceptance and complacency. This brief feeling of enlightenment is the pinnacle moment of your life. Finally, everything goes dark. This is the end, but after all, you were only an eraser shaving.

tristynnxd said...
Wow ! Lucy good Job if this isnt good enough for this magazin the I dont know what is !!

It feels like you're playing a Game.  A Game one can never Win.