A new type of wonderland | Teen Ink

A new type of wonderland

By rasberry71 BRONZE, Miami, Florida
rasberry71 BRONZE, Miami, Florida

you know what i’ve done not been through

Her teeth are whiter than milk, her smile is like no other and her lips are full and rosy pink. But her mind was different, her mind was haunted but dreadful memorizes of horrible nightmares she has all night long. That’s why she lives alone in a small cabin just near the water in the great woods of dreams. Since she was smaller she would love to gather purple tulips and rare blue flowers and take it to her mom to see them, but since her mother passed away a few years ago she now goes down by a hidden lake near where the strawberries grow and pick up a white rose every summer to take to her mothers grave under a mango tree, those were her mothers favorite. But she’s not entirely alone in the forest months after her mother died she ran away to the woods where she found the cabin and found a small boney cat in the cabin scared and hungry so she decided to move in and take care of the cat her self. Her cat her cat has a birthmark on her left ear that looks like a crescent moon so she named her luna Spanish for moon. Her dad misses her a lot butcoulddn’t talk her into living with him anymore. Now he just works on writing his war world 2 stories and still lives in his old 301 vintage apartment near kmart. She has books and books of all her sketches of animals she finds deep in the forest and writes down stories of her dreams ever night before she forgets. She loves letting her long wavy red hair grow long and beautiful for she could feel it in the fresh spring breeze. One day after she came back with coconut milk (luna’s favorite) she opened the door to her cabin and found her cat clawing away at a wood on the floor, she though it was nothing so she ignored it. When she was about to close the door something slipped out of the door edge, it looked as it was an old letter with two purple ribbons on each corner and had old type writing in the front saying “open when I am gone”. Years before her mother died she have her the pink letter and told her to never open it until she passed away. She slowly with her polished pink nails opens the envelope and carefully takes out 100’s year old dusty paper. The next thing you know the envelope drops to the floor with a gasp and her perfect smile is no more.

“wishes are like dreams but as much i as i want to life in wonderland, i can’t"

rasberry71 BRONZE, Miami, Florida

ill keep out ur work ;)

rasberry71 BRONZE, Miami, Florida

thank you soo muchh :)

albinotiger GOLD, Gloucester, Massachusetts

"Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win"- Stephen King
“In life, unlike chess, the game continues after checkmate”- Isaac Asimov

Whoa great imagery! the details are amazing and you did a :) job (maybe check out my wrok sometime)

Varlen-Byrd said...
Varlen-Byrd, Santa Cruz, California

“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.”

This is a really good story. i love the details you put in because it made it very easy to imagine.  there were a few errors, but nothing you cant fix. i also like how you left off on a cliff hanger. keep writing.