My Favorite Place | Teen Ink

My Favorite Place

By Kitten_1201 SILVER, Duluth, Minnesota
Kitten_1201 SILVER, Duluth, Minnesota

I hop into the car and click my seatbelt in place. We start to drive and I feel the relaxing vibration of the car on the road. We park in a space, we walk through the doors, and I’m home. We have arrived at the library. As I trot in, I smell the pages of all the books. I hear the clickety- clack of computer keys and the equipment at the front desk. I walk impatiently to my favorite section: MANGA. There are so many colorful covers I don’t know where to begin. In particular cases like these, I pick a select few. I sit in the blue bean bag chair, and feel like I’m floating on a fluffy cloud. I melt into it and I am completely lost in the story. I feel like I’m part of the story. That’s what I really love. I see the little children playing with the toys. I taste the sense of ambition and desire around me. As it gets close to closing time, I feel anxiety and despair because I must choose what books I want. Finally, on a whim, I decide. I get home and begin reading, usually with no interruptions…