Utilization Miscarriages | Teen Ink

Utilization Miscarriages

October 11, 2013
By JonMB SILVER, Northville, Michigan
JonMB SILVER, Northville, Michigan
5 articles 0 photos 6 comments

Favorite Quote:
"You cannot lie to the forest." -Olan Rogers


On a completely insignificant day, in a completely insignificant area, Old John and Jane sat. John was in a rocking chair that he wouldn't rock and Jane had a cigarette limply in her mouth that she wouldn't light. Their shoes were on, but untied; shirts on, but unbuttoned; hair washed, but not styled; pants on, but unzipped. Now all of this is not because Old John and Jane just finished having crazy sex. Not at all, they're too old (talk about breaking-a-back mountain). No all of this was because they didn't care. They were perfectly satisfied doing without their stuff proper. On top of all these things, their house had electricity yet no lights were on and their flatscreen wasn’t even plugged in. Around the house, clean sheets were folded next to the bedroom sets, but no beds were made. It seemed that nothing was being used as it should in this home. Although, it was only a home and these frivolities matter little.

Back to John and Jane, now:
"The government sure is something these days," John offered.
Jane sniggered, "You can say that again."
"Never thought this country would come to this in all my life."
"Aye."
"America was supposed to be a land of choice. Now I can be fined for not buying socialized medicine."
"It's outrageous."
"It's not-American is what it is."
"Should we do something about it?"
"Have I ever zipped up my pants?"