When You Don't Look Both Ways | Teen Ink

When You Don't Look Both Ways

November 27, 2013
By ScarlettJ. DIAMOND, West Newton, Pennsylvania
ScarlettJ. DIAMOND, West Newton, Pennsylvania
92 articles 0 photos 88 comments

Favorite Quote:
"You are only confined by the walls you build around yourself." "Follow your heart, but take your brain with you." "You were born to be real, not to be perfect."


I woke up and I realized I couldn't move. I couldn't yell, I couldn't think. I was terrified out of my mind, and I tried so hard to remember what had just happened to me. Each move sent needle like pains through my brain and my eyes had to readjust against the white tinted room. I smelled copper, a thick metallic smell that stung my nose and made my eyes water. I realized I was laying flat on a stretcher, but my hands were bound to each rail. I heard a whimper, a choked sound coming from somewhere, until it got so loud that it made me realize it was me. I tried to calm down, but I knew what was happening. I could remember the car flying and the crushing feeling as I was smashed against the pavement. I saw flickers of a young man dragging me and holding something that stank in front of my face, plopping me into the back of his truck.
I was kidnapped...
I flung my body up and thrashed against the tight bonds that held me still, and I could feel my wrist straining in protest, but I couldn't stop now. I arched my back and kicked my feet out, but I froze. I had nothing on below the waist, besides a thin bed sheet to cover me up. I felt tears spill helplessly.
"I see your awake, sweetheart," a thick voice sounded from behind me.
I glanced up and flung my head away from his out stretched hand, wailing and kicking my feet.
"Don't do that, silly girl. You'll just make this all the more exciting for me," he whispered into my ear.
I felt his hands touch my thigh and roll its way to my knee, and I felt the sheet slip to the floor. I was screaming but my mouth made no sound.
"I took care of that, just a little glue and you wont be talking again."
I was completely numb inside. I watch as he climbed on top of me, but I dared myself not to cry and give him the satisfaction. I felt his hands against my inner thighs, near ripping my skin open as he readjusted himself. I was being torn in half, it felt like, with every thrust and movement he made, and I kept my eyes shut, no tears to shed.
Just plain agony, so deep that it made me completely calm.
I was his to play with, and when he was done he left me.
I was a nobody.
I was nothing...