My Happy Place | Teen Ink

My Happy Place

January 3, 2014
By Demoderby PLATINUM, Pontiac, Illinois
Demoderby PLATINUM, Pontiac, Illinois
28 articles 13 photos 93 comments

Favorite Quote:
All that we see or dream is but a dream within a dream
-Edgar Allen Poe


I can’t help it but think about my suicide. Oh yes I have killed myself, well not in reality. I killed myself in my so called "Happy Place" where everyone goes if something is wrong and they need to calm down. Yes, that place. It burned down long ago, the night I set it on fire it was the third time I had suicidal thoughts. I walked through out my happy place looking for someone to talk to. I only found a leaf. Yes, just a leaf. I picked it up and talked to it. "Oh Mr. Leaf. I cannot go on. Don’t tell anyone, but I plan to kill myself. I have no idea how or when but I will." I told him. The leaf suddenly came alive and talked back to me. "Why, Cheyenne. You cannot do such a thing! This is your happy place, where you are supposed to be happy." eyes appeared on the leaf and so did the rest of a face. He looked up at me. I walked along carrying the leaf and talking to him about nonsense. I came up to a building and walked inside, still carrying the leaf. I went inside. Now at the way top of the building standing on the balcony looking down I say to the leaf "Now before I go, you must go. Fall down and into the never rending life. For you have fallen into darkness." Everything goes black/white/grey and slow motion, the wind blowing violently but I feel nothing. The leaf falls, but before it touches the ground it shrivels up and burns turning into ashes once it lands. I then go into the room and light a match. Everything returns to normal, the colors, and the wind, everything back to normal. I took the match and threw it onto the bed; the flames engorged the bed and part of the walls. The happy colors turn into brown, gray, and black as the room burns. I find a knife and cut myself. Cutting my body all over, then I cut my throat. I fall down and bleed to death and the room around me burns down. The trees around the building catch on fire and so does the other buildings. My so called "Happy Place" has burned down, and I am dead in the middle of it all.