Iarhibol Buys a Slave Girl | Teen Ink

Iarhibol Buys a Slave Girl

By BrandonT GOLD, West Newton, Pennsylvania
BrandonT GOLD, West Newton, Pennsylvania

One day Iarhibol was watching over the human world when he came upon a sad event, he noticed a girl being taken from her family to be sold into slavery. He went down to the scene and commanded that the girl be returned to her family immediately. The slavers not recognizing him ignored his command. He, being the god of honor could not take her by force for he knew they would kill her as soon as he took action. He followed them, disguised as a merchant, to the slave market. When the girl was to be auctioned off he bid the highest amount of mortal money to buy her. He won the auction and took the girl away. When they got out of the village he revealed himself as Iarhibol and told the girl that he was going to return the girl to her family. When they arrived at her home the worst possible scene was present. Her family had all been killed by a warlord. The girl was so distraught that she fell to the ground and started crying uncontrollably. She pleaded to the god to not leave her there, so, being the generous god he was, he told her to rise up and he made her the goddess Allat. From that day on she ruled as a powerful goddess.

Anastasia.Z BRONZE, West Newton, Pennsylvania

Life is like quicksand. The more we struggle, the more we drown in it. -Keanu Reeves

Hello, Mr.Toth. My name is Anastasia and I was asked to read your work by Scarlett. She says you're her best friend so I had to check out your work. It's brilliant, of course, but my main purpose is to ask of your opinion. Is, or has, Scarlett ever dated a girl, and is she bi-sexual? I'm very curious about her. -thank you.