Burkhardt's Couch | Teen Ink

Burkhardt's Couch MAG

Sitting on that couch brought back memories of her adolescence, and the unsure, solitary emotions she had once felt in that room. It was once so lonely, so cold, and so scary, yet now she knew - the room was safe. She had him, and being in his arms was the most secure feeling in the world.

Five years, no, six years ago was when she had first met him. She was unwanted, he even more so, even to her. It was sad, too, the way she feared to be seen with him then. But by that year, by that time, and on that couch, she knew the way he felt. And it was scary.

So frightening for a young girl to know that she is loved, and to know that she might never be able to return that love. What would a future as a couple be like? Would there even be one - a future for them? Or would they be lost in the volumes of relationships that ended when they started, and no one ever discerned the difference. It wasn't what she wanted, and it wasn't love, for her, anyway.

And so, she disregarded and denounced his courtship and moved on, matured. Never did she think that it would be years later, and she would own his feelings. She never wanted to love him: at least. she didn't try to, but she did. It was like that line from that song - he had overcome her.

Now, on that couch again, she knew what the future was and that he was her future.

Sitting on the couch brought back memories of his adolescence, and the unsure, solitary emotions he had once felt in that room. It was once so lonely, so cold, and so scary, yet now, he knew the room was safe. He had her, and being in her arms was the most secure feeling in the world.

i love this !