Zorlia the Wonder | Teen Ink

Zorlia the Wonder

Does being shipped off to somewhere you don’t want to go sound like fun? Well then step into my life. I’ve been on Jupiter all of mine and now those creepy droid things are taking me and my entire town and moving us to Earth. I mean what do they do on Earth for fun? I bet they don’t even have ice covered rock.

It’s going to be so boring there. They have this thing called school that you have to go to for seven hours.

Well love ya’s

Zorlia

This was one of the last entry’s from Zorlia’s journal. She was in the midst of packing her things when she discovered it. She hadn’t written in it since she was about a year and a half old. That’s eleven in Earth years.

She said goodbye to all her friends because they had all been assigned to different shuttles. Passing Europa Zorlia thought that she would make the best of it and try not to laugh at what they looked like. Who has brown hair? Brown, just the thought of the color made Zorlia think of the bathroom. Everyone had said that Zorlia had the most ravishing hot pink hair that they had ever seen. A mix of her mother’s purple and her father’s red.

They saw the Earth so blue like the sky she hoped it would be when they landed. Plummeting toward Earth now Zorlia held on and to her true amazement the craft did not fall to pieces. Landing softly and safely she smiled as wide as her mouth would let her go.

She stepped off looking at well everything, the cars, the strange people, and a very large sign that said HOLLYWOOD.

Ignoring the press and the cameras, Zorlia walked right pass. Touching, looking, and smelling, where only a couple of the things she was doing. Strange people staring didn’t bother her. Looking at the other craft, searching for her friend, she set her luggage down.

“Zorlia!” shouted Madeli.

“Madeli! Come over here.” They rushed to each other.

“How are you?”

“Great” Zorlia replied.

“Come on we better get our luggage into the apartments.”

“Yeah. We want to get the ones with the view right?”

“Of course!”

The girls walked in the direction of their new homes.

Getting into their new apartments they set down their bags and looked around. There were these tiny little candies left in the bathroom.
“These look good!” Zorlia said as she bit into one. She immediately spit it out, “Eww! Soap!” She turned on the faucet and put her head under the water rinsing out the terrible taste.

I like to write a lot of stories so I'm always looking for contests and I love teenink so I thought this would be perfect! Hope you enjoy this!

Yo Bro said...
Good story em.

lauren said...
goooood job emma (:

Lynn said...
Emma, you are a wonderful story-teller. I loved your story!! Good job..... Aunt Miggs

Kathy H. said...
Great story Emma! You have a wonderful imagination and can convey it in literature very well. Keep up the great work...I can't wait to see more stories!