Character Sketches of Brooklyn and Justin | Teen Ink

Character Sketches of Brooklyn and Justin

October 20, 2014
By Robez2015 PLATINUM, Centerville, Iowa
Robez2015 PLATINUM, Centerville, Iowa
22 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game"- Sam Montgomery from A Cinderella Story.


My name is Justin.
I’m seventeen years old I have brownish hair, caramel brown eyes and a fit body. I play football, basketball and tennis; so you could definitely say I’m a jock.  I surprisingly do not have a girlfriend because all the girls in my school are a joke. They all cheat, lie, wear too much perfume and make up and not enough clothes; all except for this one girl who catches my eye, Brooklyn. I’ve liked her for a really long time, but never had the courage to ask her out. Her scent of rainforest rain fills my nose with delight, despite the hundreds of perfumes these girls drench themselves in.  She glances at me shyly then turns away. I’m not quite sure what her type is because she’s never dated anyone that I know of. I might still have a chance, it’s my senior year, and I will make her mine. It makes me furious when the guys make fun of her in the locker room after practice or gym. They call her names like ugly, fat cow, and troll. It kills me to hear these things so I just hurry and change then leave. I know I’m expected to be a jerk because I’m a jock, but when it comes to Brooklyn, I just can’t. Also I can sing really well, but the guys would torment me if I joined choir, even though I would get to be in class with Brooklyn. I’ve never actually heard her sing but her normal speaking voice sounds like angel so just imagine what her singing. My parents think I’m a hard-ass too, but my little brother and sister disagree. They’re the only ones who see the real me, the funny and sensitive guy who loves to sing. Just because I have a nice body with rock-hard abs doesn’t mean looks and appearance are the most important things to me. I want a girl with a good personality, and good heart. The girls at my school, except for Brooklyn, don’t seem to understand that. They all might look great but they have ugly hearts and the personality of a wet sponge. If a girl were to actually get to know me they would know that I could care less whether or not they wear makeup, or they would know that I like girls who respect themselves by wearing clothes that covers themselves while also putting themselves on display. Like I like a girl that instead of wearing shorts that show their butt, wears tight jeans to show off their butt; or a top that shows their whole boobs instead wear a shirt that only shows slight cleavage. I want a classy girl that I can take home to mom and she’ll be proud not disgusted. So there is me.

My name is Brooklyn. I’m 17 years old. I live in a small, boring town where every kid has big plans to get away. I’m on the heavier side, but not in the cute way. The only thing people will remember about me is that I’m bossy and uptight. My skin is a copper color, my hair is blondish brown, and my eyes are a deep blue color. I have a soft and sweet voice, or so I’ve been told by many choir teachers. I love art and singing. My dad left when I was five, and I was taken from my mom a few years later. I now live with my wonderful grandparents. They’re probably one of the best things in my life. I’m a senior this year, and I’m constantly worrying. Thinking where should I go to college? And what should I study in college? And what do I want to do after college? It’s a never ending nightmare. At school I feel like I’m just drifting through never being noticed or mattering. I don’t really have any close friends I hang out with when I’m not in school. I mean people talk to me in the halls, but that doesn’t mean they’re my friends. As I walk through the halls of Centerville High School I can smell girls drenched in various perfumes and feel the urge to puke, do they not understand subtlety. Don’t even get me started on other girls’ makeup, they put it on like a mask; caking it on. I take a more simple approach that consists of foundation, eye shadow, and eye liner. Even though no one in this school notices me, well at least the way I want them to. If I could just get one guy to like me, I wouldn’t feel like the black plague. Everyone says “High School relationships don’t work, save yourself the heartache”. I keep telling them “I want my own experiences”, no matter what anyone says I will always want my own experiences, even heartache because it’s good to feel pain sometimes, it makes you stronger. A lot of the guys in my school are cute but one in particular guy stands out, Justin. He has blondish brown hair and caramel eyes. He is really fit looking because he plays football, basketball, and tennis. I’m really into jocks, but they don’t seem to be interested in me. Justin is curious about me I can tell by the way he looks at me, it’s in his eyes. I always look at him, but then whenever he sees me I turn away. If you couldn’t tell by now; I’m very shy, about anything really. I’ve played volleyball since the seventh grade and I’m still no good at it so this year, my senior year, I was kicked off the team. The coach tried to be really nice about it, but I still cried my eyes out. I also play tennis, so if you count two sports as a jock you could say I was one. So there is everything you could possibly want to know about me.          


The author's comments:

Character Sketches of the two main characters in "High School Crush Turned More".

 
Preferences
§
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
0
-
=
Backspace
 
Tab
q
w
e
r
t
y
u
i
o
p
[
]
 
Return
 
 
capslock
a
s
d
f
g
h
j
k
l
;
'
\
 
shift
`
z
x
c
v
b
n
m
,
.
/
shift
 
 
English
 
 
alt
alt
 
 
Preferences