Secrets | Teen Ink

Secrets

By Lovasminator BRONZE, Pasco, Washington
Lovasminator BRONZE, Pasco, Washington

It was three in the morning in downtown Seattle. John, this 28 year old Hippie that reeks of marijuana mixed with the smell of his sweaty body oder if you could describe what he smelt like it would be rotten cheese and skunk, who desn't agree with how this generation relies on technology for everything, is walking down the street as he felt something hard and heard something crack under his feet. he looked to see what it was and found that it was a black smart phone that had the words 'Samsung' written at the bottom of it, and picked it up.

"I bet who ever lost this is missing it right now." He laughed as he unlocked the phone.

He checked the phone to see who's could it be, as he did he saw some sort of document. They looked like they could be very important, but he couldn't see what it was about from the phone. So since he doesn't own a computer, he ran to his best friend's house Tom, a 23 year old computer hacker, to see if he can help him see what this document is about. As soon as he got to his friend's house, he knocked rapidly on the door like a maniac.

His friend opens the door with his long dark hair all over the place, wearing only his boxers and a robe, his hairy belly sticking out, it looked like an overfilled water ballon that's about to burst, he was rubbing his eyes. "Man it's three in the morning. What are you doing knocking on my door like a crazy person?"

John scratched his head and ran his hand through his messy oily long brown hair, feeling bad for waking up his friend. "I'm sorry man, but I need your help."

"Help with what man?" Tom yawns, making a disgusted face as he can taste his tuna sandwich from earlier, and scratches his stomach.

"I found this phone and it has this sort of thing in it that looks very important and I want to know what it is, and also try to figure out whose phone it is so I can give it back because it has no pictures at all, just the document thing." John showed the phone to his best friend.

"Okay man, come in." Tom opens the door more and walks down to his basement with John close behind him.

Tom turns his computer on and plugs in a chrger that would fit the phone. John hands him the phone then paces around the room impatiently as Tom does some of his 'hacking skills', as John would say, several minutes later Tom opens the document.

"Dude, you won't believe this man." Tom excitedly says as he read the document.

John quickly walks up behind Tom. "What man, what does it say?" he tries to get closer to read what it said.

"This document is apparently the cure for cancer man!!" Tom points at the document.

John, with his eyes wide couldn't believe it, the cure for cancer?! Tome reads more of the document.

"Man this document if from the CIA."

"How do you know that?" John asks Tom.

"Cause at the top of it there's the CIA's logo it clearly says 'Central Intelligence Agency, United States of America' man can't you read dude?" Tom points at the top left corner of the document. "So im guessing this phone belongs to a CIA agent man. Do you still want tp return the phone, John?" Tom asks him raising his eyebrow with a smirk on his face.

"Are you kidding me, of course not. It's the CIA we're talking about here, you think they care about having the ability to cure people with cancer? Do you know how much money they're making by not letting the people know they have this, we have to get the word out about this." Tom nodded in agreement.

Tom started creating a protected website, so they wouldn't get caught by the government, where they would post the document from the phone and things that were on the phone. As John passed around the roo telling Tom what to write on the website he was thinking of ways they can tell everyoen about this. They needed to let the people know, they couldn't keep this for themselves.

As the sun came up Tom finished the website. "It's done man." Tom turns to face a tired looking John with dark circles under his eyes.

"Make it public. Make everyone that has access to the thing so people can see it." John pointed to Tom's computer reffering to the internet.

"It's called the internet, John." Tom chuckles and turns to face his computer and starts to make the website public.

"Yeah sure whatever just make sure everyone, and I mean everyoune Tom, sees this. They need to know. They need to know." Tom looks at John as if he was crazy as John's hands twitch.

"You Alright man?" Tom asks concerned.

"Yeah, of course. Just, do the thing." John waves his hand towards the computer and begins pacing around the room once again. Tom shakes his head and tuens back toward the computer. He starts to hack everyone's social media accounts to make sure they see the website on their profile, Twitter, Tumblr, Facebook, anything the people were using, he got into them.

"Done, Bro." Tom says hitting the Enter key and facing John once more.

"Good, good. Now what?" John scratches his crusty rough beard.

"We wait."

Years after John found that smart phone in the dirty streets of downtown Seattle, things changed for the people of the United Sate. The website was seen by everyone, there were some believers at first and some that thought this was 'crao or a 'joke'. But after 'The Revelears', ehat John and Tom called themselves, gave the people evidence there were more believers. People were enraged with this information; they started to protest the wite house. It started with hundreds of people protesting, and then thousands until there was millions of them and the secret service couldn't handle them. The police weren't on the government's side, so they didn't have many men to keep the protest peaceful. The government couldn't handle the presure of the people against them and the president resigned. So without a leader the govenment had to flee and so the United States had no leaders, people had to built a new Inited States, a new government that would not keep things from the people.