The Flight | Teen Ink

The Flight

March 21, 2009
By Megatron SILVER, Creswell, Oregon
Megatron SILVER, Creswell, Oregon
6 articles 0 photos 9 comments

It seems like just yesterday that I said yes to this mission. Can it really have been a whole month ago? But I don't have time to think about these things. Not now. The danger is too near. It's closer than any of us can imagine. Not even those of us who have had previous experience dealing with the Treka. This is close. It's coming. Nearer and nearer. It is so close now that I can feel the darkness around the camp. Feel the evil, spreading. It has spread so far, and in such a short time. Now, this darkness has spread all the way towards the border of our homeland. We are camped by this border, waiting for attack. We must protect the kingdom. We are its' only hope. I should be frightened, but for some reason of luck, I'm not. Instead, I feel a growing anticipation, like something good is coming. Only, what's coming now is the furthest from good this world has ever seen. I hear a voice, shouting above all the noise the men are making. A command. Drodon turns to me. He shouts, "Sharne, take the horses. We must move back. We will wait above the peak. It is a safer place." I jump up from my spot on the grass, and hurry to obey my leader. If he thinks that the peak will be safer, then where he goes, we will follow. It is a great army that has assembled. Hundreds of men, with one purpose in life from now until death. Protect the kingdom. Fight against the Treka. Keep the women and children out of this mess. I scoff at this thought. I am no man. I am a women. And I am as far into this mess as a person could be.


The author's comments:
This is the start of a book I'm writing called the Flight. I have several more pages written by now.