Violet | Teen Ink

Violet

There once lived a girl who was as beautiful and elegant as a princess. She was as imaginative as a writer and as creative as an artist. She had the spirit of a wild horse galloping through an empty field. This wonderful girl had the beautiful name of Violet. Violet was just like you're average twelve-year-old, actually not really. Violet was considered a witch, a girl who studies magic and is considered a half-blood. The reason she is a half-blood is because her mother is a witch and her father is a muggle (the non-wizard folk.) This family of Violet and her two parents lived a normal life in there beautiful London home, except when her father was at work all day. While her father was at work her mother home-schooled her about magic. Violet learned how to brew potions, use charms (spells), learned about magical creatures, and much more. The worst part though is that they didn’t want her father to know that she and her mother were witches. Her father hates anything to do with magic. It was really hard to hide the truth from her father, until the day they didn’t have to hide this humungous secret. One day her father came home from work early. Violet and her mother had horror struck upon there faces. They tried to hide the wands, potions, and spellbooks but it was too late. The father walked into Violet’s room and his face suddenly filled with anger. The next day he decided to file a divorce. They never saw him after it was over. At least they didn’t need to hide the secret anymore. When Violet turned eleven,  she received a letter in the mail. It said “Violet, we are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted into Hogwarts school of witchcraft and wizardry. Please see enclosed the materials you will need for the coming year. Term starts on September first. Best wishes, Profesor McGonagall.” Violet was struck with excitement. She was ready to experience a real wizarding school. She told her mother and she was very excited. She told Violet that she went to Hogwarts when she was eleven. She got sorted into Ravenclaw and hoped Violet will also get sorted into Ravenclaw. If she didn’t it was ok every house is amazing in different ways. When Violet and her mother arrived at digon alley it was amazing. Students of all ages going into the shops and getting there books, and brooms. Violet knew about Quidditch and wanted to learn how to fly so she could play. Luckily her mother told her there are flying lessons at Hogwarts. Violet was really excited when she had everything she needed except for a pet. Her mother had a pigmy puff at Hogwarts so Violet got a beautiful purple pigmy puff for Hogwarts. It was finally time to go to kings-cross for her trip to Hogwarts on the Hogwarts Express. They were in between platforms nine and ten and Violet didn’t think platform nine and three quarters was even a platform. Her mother told her to run right in between platforms nine and ten. Violet thought it was crazy but her mother told her that it was how to get on the platform and that she would come in right after her. Violet ran right in between the platforms and saw a big giant red train that said Hogwarts Express in gold letters. This was it, Violet was leaving her mother for longer than she ever had before. While they were at the station her mother saw a good friend of her’s. His name was Harry Potter. He said “ Hi Luna. Is this your daughter? What’s her name? Violet. That is a beautiful name. Violet you're going to do great at Hogwarts. Just don’t be like me and get into a lot of dangerous situations. Can you do that for me? Thank you!” Mother told Violet that Harry was a very famous person back when she was in Hogwarts. She told her not to get on Snape or Filch’s bad side if they were still there. “ Have fun!” Her mother said as she boarded the train going to one of the greatest places she will ever be in her entire life.