Butterfly | Teen Ink

Butterfly

By Starks GOLD, Hartford City, Indiana
Starks GOLD, Hartford City, Indiana

"Monsters don't hide under your bed they sleep in your head" Unknown

In a lonely field rested a docile creature, it’s small legs stuck to a flower’s leaf guled in place. All around the helpless creature tears rained from the sky as it cried and howled at the ground sending clear teardrops tumbling downwards.The small creature felt the tears glide off of its wings leaving a debilitating residue making the creature helpless to soar away from the melancholy sky. There the creature sat waiting patiently for the sky to cheer up and brighten the world once more with rays of glee. What was only a few moments felt like hours to the winged creature before the sky stopped crying and the crust left the sky’s eyes clear and a crisp blue. The sky then had a bright sparkle as light poured over the lonely field slowly picking up the leftover tears with a gentle hand and carrying it back to the sky. Soon the docile creature was embraced by the wind as it started to dance with the creature carrying it across the air with a guiding sweep. In a windy field a butterfly glided across the swaying grass as the sun dried up all of the rain leaving the butterfly to soar.

I wrote this story to help improve my skills of describing elements in nature, in this case it was rain. I enjoyed making this story because of its tone and feeling that it gives off. A sense of dread that is then turned into a sunny day. It comes to show that even in your darkest moments there is always a sunny day waiting for you after.