Marvel meets Princess Bride | Teen Ink

Marvel meets Princess Bride

February 24, 2022
By Anonymous


As the man in black hangs off the mountain gripping for his life the rope falls into the water below. He struggles to keep his grip. There's a moment of weakness where he believes he will not make it to get to the princess. His clammy hands cause him to lose his grip. He lets go on one hand and whips it on his black pants and then the other. This temporary solution was coming to an end. As one finger slipped off, another one followed, then more. He was down to 3 fingers now to keep himself alive. He tried to yell up to Ingio but he was no help, he saw no other solution. Until a noise from the distance. A swinging noise, from the other direction. A red figure is in the distance. The man in black was picked up and started swinging in the air. 

“Hey, dude it looks like you need help!” said by the red-figure amongst the wind resistance. His outfit becomes more apparent to the man in black, it is red and black with black lines across the bodice. The man in black yells out, 

“Yeah, I did need help, thank you.” 

“Anytime, where do you need to go”

“Just to the top of the mountain, uhh what should I call you,” the Man in black asks 

“Oh I’m Peter Par- I mean Spider-Man, call me Spider-Man,” says Spider-Man

“Oh? Spider-Man, well I don’t want to reveal my identity yet so you can call me the man in black. I think that's what the narrator is calling me right now. 

“Narrator?” Spider-Man says under his breath as he places them down at the top of the mountain. Inigo stands ready to fight, sword in hand and feet ready to move. He starts to ramble on about the death of his father and his one goal in life is to get revenge on the six-fingered man. He has spent every day training to become the best sword fighter in all the land.

“Hey man I lost both my parents in a plane crash, but I didn’t take my force to destroy all airplanes, or kill all pilots. I just got bit by a radioactive spider one day you know, and then it became my responsibility to help others from losing their loved ones.”

 Inigo perks up after hearing that, 

“You Know you make some valid efforts with that speech, I could use my skills for good” 

The man in black looks very puzzled; he was overly prepared to fight Inigo, but if he is one step closer to getting the princess he doesn't care that much. Before he has time to yell something out to them they are already planning to have Spiderman swing them back to the farm and get Inigo set on his feet. 

The man in black carried on regaining focus on his mission, buttercup. He saw Fezzik surrounded by rock pillars. He knew he was going to be strong, but he would be stronger. He was mentally preparing, mastering his plan of attack. Now as he was starting to approach the maze of rocks he heard another sound from the distance. He tried to ignore it as it might have just been an animal or something. He was no longer able to ignore it when a giant green man in tattered purple shorts was obliterating every rock in sight. 

“HULK SMASH!” 

This peaked Fezziks interest, “Hey big guy, why are you so angry. I understand the feeling my size was always seen to be used as violent. Even if that is not what I wanted.” 

The hulk starts to calm down and breaks down into crying, the man in black believes to see a smaller scientist looking man flash out of the Hulk's body. The two large men get to talking and counseling each other sobbing. The man in black gets quite irritated even though his heart is warmed at the sight. He moves on to find the final challenge, Vizzini. 

At last he sees Buttercup. She is blindfolded and sits quietly. There are two glasses of wine sitting on a table. The man in black pulls out a jar of iocane powder. He tells the man the challenge and puts the powder in one of the glasses. As Vizzin rambles on about what glass he knows is the right one, the glasses start to fly into the air with a red shadow following them. They then move up to a figure in red. From her red clothes, red hair, and red headband. The color branding floods the man in black with jealousy. 

“Are you serious, my final big moment! I can’t have one thing go right.” he yells out.

The red woman replies, “I apologize dear was I interrupting? I just got a feeling that both of these glasses were tampered with in some way, I was just trying to help.” 

Then Vizzini perks up with anger, “What do you mean BOTH were tampered with?” 

The man in black is fuming now, “I was fine with the insect guy helping me and Inigo out, as well as the feeling circle with the big guy. But this, my final revenge to reunite with my love, my big master plan that has taken me YEARS is being ruined by some magic that I cannot even begin to understand. That is it, I am done.”

Buttercup turns her head to face the direction of the noise but says nothing. 

The woman says, “I understand revenge in the name of love, my Husband (looking at the sky) he was sacrificed, and I never got he revenge he truly deserved'' Wanda traps Vizzini into a marble, “Go, be with you love!” And with the movement of her hand she teleported a free buttercup and Westly back to the farm house. 


The author's comments:

This is a fun crossover from the MCU and Princess Bride.