Cinderella's glass shoe fits the other stepsister | Teen Ink

Cinderella's glass shoe fits the other stepsister

I stared blankly at the little glass slipper; Anastasia’s foot snugly inside the pretty shoe. The silence the fit of the shoe caused in the room was broken by my tall, gray haired, pointy nosed stepmom.

“Well, isn’t that interesting? Seems like I’m going to have to get some wedding invitations to send out. Unless you object? Of course not! We should get started RIGHT away! The sooner the better after all! But maybe you should buy the invitations? You are the prince, and everyone will come to a princes wedding!” she said frivolously, giving me a dirty look before smiling innocently at the prince.

“Wait…that can’t be right,” the prince began but was interrupted by a cry of outrage from Drizella, the other stepsister, who had been standing in shock next to me.

“He was supposed to marry me!!” she squealed, before hurling herself at Anastasia. Anastasia put her arms out in front of her to black her, but Drizella went right through them, knocking the both of them to the ground. I moved quickly out of the way before I was knocked to the ground as well.

“GIRLS! ENOUGH!” stepmother snapped at them. They instantly pulled away from each other, huffing, and trying to fix their hair.

“Mr. Prince, I think we should be leaving now,” the little man standing next to the prince began to say but was abruptly cut off by Anastasia.

“Propose to me first,” she said curtly, giving Drizella a dirty look and a little humph!

“No,” everybody looked at him then, myself included. I couldn’t tell them it was me. They would never believe me. And even if I did, stepmother would never allow it. My hands were tied.

“But the shoe fits! You have to marry me! You said so yourself; you don’t have a choice,” Anastasia—looking completely distraught—walked slowly to the prince, took of the shoe and put it in his hand. “Im your wife,” she giggled and turned to me.
“Cinderella! Pack all my things! Im moving to the palace!” she giggled frivolously, before taking the shoe back and running out the door to the princes carriage. Everybody else looked at me then.

“Go, Cinderella. You are not needed her. Upstairs! NOW!” snapped my stepmother, actually snapping her fingers as she spoke the words. I began to turn to walk of the staircase when I voice from behind froze me in my tracks.

“Wait! That’s her! She’s the one with the shoe! The blonde hair, I recognize it now! Go get the shoe!” the Prince ordered Drizella, but she remained frozen in her spot. Yes! Yes, it’s me! Thank goodness you finally realized! I thought to myself, even though I desperately wanted to cry it out loud.

“Cinderella? The girl from the ball? Oh heavens, no. she is a silly, stupid, unimportant, naïve little girl I am forced to take care of. Nothing more than a mere servant girl; wasteful, and useless.” Scoffed my stepmother, her words hurt but I had hope. He recognized me. And I could prove to him I was the girl he had been looking for. Until I heard the heartbreaking sound of last glass shoe shattering in the driveway.

We all ran to the door in time to see Anastasia standing there with a huge grin on her face, and thousands of little glass shards around her.

“Come on Princey—boo. We’re leaving. Mother, have my luggage sent to the palace by no later than midnight tonight.” And with those final words, she grabbed the prince, and threw him and herself into the carriage, leaving me behind with one depressed stepsister, and one furious stepmother, all alone to clean up the mess.

lula-masterofchange88-wizardofozgur BRONZE, Camp Half - Blood, Other

if you're going to do something, do it right

THANK YOU

LittleMissMusic BRONZE, Burlington, Massachusetts

"My thoughts are stars I cannot fathom into constellations."

"I wish I could have done everything in the world with you."

Love this! :D Excellent!

LilyPotter BRONZE, Edmonton, Other
Great story! Concise and to the point, yet vastly entertaining. I love the twist.

Vanendra BRONZE, Blasdell, New York

"I just sneezed and it hurt my pelvis."~Jasmine Omg
"A wise girl kisses but doesn't love"~Marylin Monroe
"I didn't tell him nowhere where you live" ~me ^-^
"I like the wolves on this textbook, they have very legs" ~Jasmine Omg

0.o I feel really bad for the prince. You wrote this really well!!! ^-^

Penmaiden BRONZE, Minnetonka, Minnesota

Poetry is thoughts that breathe, and words that burn. ~Thomas Gray

I like it!  It's a really neat idea, and you handled it well.  I especially liked that the prince noticed Cinderella as his princess.  I mean, in the movie he's so dumb, not even recognizing his true love, lol.

As for tips, I'd cut out some of your adverbs.  Less is definitely more with those =)  And it'll strengthen your style.  But, really, great job!

CrazyWriter GOLD, Lorton Station, Virginia

"Once you have given up on the most important thing in your life, you begin to die, because then, you gradually lose your true self"~Hana Kimi
"Someone who can lie to themself. . . is lonely, and in pain"~Hana Kimi

this was great . you gave a happily-ever-after story that ending normally a differnet ending . it was amazing. now i am begging you : please write some more on this weather it takes place during the ball or after the stepsister takes the prince hostage. please write more i will defanitly read it.

~CraZYwRIter

btw my articles looovvvveeee to be read

lalafacee said...
lalafacee, East Northport, New York
ahahah thank you ! ( :

job* Sorry.

Great jo. The idea itself is simple, but the detail you added to expand it made it into a great read.

lalafacee said...
lalafacee, East Northport, New York
thank you! :D i definitely will!

lalafacee said...
lalafacee, East Northport, New York
thank you! ( :

dante3 said...
that was really good, depressing, but very well written and consise. i loved it and admit it was the best fan fiction i've read on this site. The other stories seemed to lack everything i loved in yours. :)

PuzzleLuver SILVER, Powell, Ohio

"For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him might not perish but have eternal life" John 3:16

Amazing. I loved it. Keep writing:)