Diary of Boo Radley | Teen Ink

Diary of Boo Radley

By PiperAuslinn GOLD, Somewhere, California
PiperAuslinn GOLD, Somewhere, California

Your never a man when your eyes seem to shun all the truth in the sky.

Day 1

I feel so trapped; I haven’t been able to leave this place for years now. I’m a prisoner in my own home and I feel suffocated. It’s like despite all my rage, I’m just a rat in a cage. There is a hope of excitement though. My neighbors on the street, the two kids Scout and Jem. They seem to have a interest in me, I wonder why? But how I long for company, any sort really. I guess I should be really nice, then just maybe I’ll have some type of friends. Let’s hope for the best Bo, think positive. You can do it! Hmm, I wonder how I’ll make friends with them, ugh! I wish this was easier. I regret so much, the fatal scissors that almost sent me away, but I’m stuck in here. Since I live with my brother, he makes hell feel just like home. I’m just a human, despite all my past. But I cant come out, I’m just stranger of the day. So I guess I’ll be friends with them during the night. In secrecy of course.

Day 2

There is a knothole I front of my house by some trees, so I figured it was a smart idea to put two pieces of gum inside. I reckon it was a good idea, kids got to love that, Oh! I hope they find it, what if they don’t? This is my first chance and may be my last. Geez what if he finds out that I’m doing this, I know I’m not supposed to do this. But I’m just so lonely. There was a slap on my door yesterday though, I saw Jem run out and hit my door. I wished I could have come out, but I couldn’t. So I just looked from the window. They were with someone I’ve never seen before, a short chubby boy who was waiting with scout. I wonder where he came from. I feel guilty bout sneaking out at night but, I have to go check if the gum was taken. Hope so!

Day 3

The gum was takin! Don’t I feel damn happy, right bout now. Maycomb doesn’t feel so lonely anymore. I figured Im gonna keep putting stuff in that knothole so the kids we’ll take it. Jem is pretty good at football, I saw him playing yesterday but I bet I could give him some pretty good pointers. I realized it is the last day of school, and thought I’d treat the kids to a couple of Indian head pennies. They seemed pretty satisfied and delighted. I wonder if they have any idea who is giving them things. But gosh My feelings were hurt yesterday when I saw Atticus scolding the kids for playing a game, I heard him almost say it was about me. I wish I didn’t have this band reputation. I’m just good guy, lookin for no harm. This window in my house is the only thing that is keeping me sane in this world, its my only view for the world.

Day 4

Summer has come and past, just like the wind. I won’t be seeing much of the kids anymore, since they can’t play all the time. I saw Miss Maudie and Scout talking yesterday; I remember Miss Maudie used to be sucha nice lady to me. I was thinking yesterday on my nightly stroll bout what happened when scout got her pants ripped and how I should fix um. You see last night Scout, Dill and Jem were spying around when they heard a gun go off and Scouts pants ripped. It’s the least could do since I startled her. I mean it was a accident that my gun went off. I just thought tit was kids up to no good. Darn I feel bad for scaring um. The kids keep playing a game with me in it. It hurts my feelings, but I know in my heart there just curious, I would be curious to. Who’s to blame? I’m happy to see the kids get along, friendship was always important to me.

Day 5

I put 2 carving dolls of the kids made out of soap, but my brother found out I was trying to make connections to the kids and he took away the knothole .Man, I was so upset that was my only chance! I almost cried. Well its Christmas today and I just found out, Atticus finch is going to be defending A black man. I am very happy a white man is defending against his own race. Racism is a horrible thing, and I know how it feels to be treated like them, because people who don’t even know me assume I’m bad and shun me away. Its hurts to know that other people think they are better than you. I feel bad for Miss Maudies house burning down so close to Christmas. When I snuck outside I through a blanket over Scout to keep her safe, I hope they didn’t see me though. Oh if word gets out to my brother I’ll be in trouble. Maycomb is pretty riled up lately I need to found out what Mr. Finch is even defending the man for though. Oh, geez! I almost forgot to say my prayers for old Mrs. Dubose R.I.P. Man, she was one old grumpy lady, but she meant well she was just addicted to morphine. I hope she’s happy now, in a better place. You know? I wish I was in a better place.

Day 6

So I found out the Ewells blamed Tom Robinson for raping Mayella, I knew old Tom he was a good man, I doubt he would harm that women. I hope Tom is found not guilty. The trial is today and everyone is rushing over to the courthouse. I wish I could go, but no! I’m in the same old, spot .I having been hearing all the people even the adults making fun of the children calling um “N***** lovers”. It’s so so wrong. Oh yesterday I heard a gun go off and a bunch of commotion outside so I looked outside and there was a dead dog in the middle of the street, I felt miserable! I love animals but I heard it was psycho, so I guess it was for the best.

Day 7

I keep hearing news about the Tom Robinson case and I think that Bob and Mayella are lying! Those filthy liars, I know they’re trying to kill a innocent man. When I was looking out my window I saw a bunch of ladies outside of the Finch house , There were chatting about the daily events, I believe. They’ve done that since Mrs. Alexandra moved in, I’ve noticed. Scout even looks more like lady, then one of the boys. I wonder how she likes that. I found out the outcome of the trial, Tom was found guilty! I don’t know how that happened. But I guess Atticus ratted out Bob and Bob came to his office and threatened to kill him! I’d be so scared if it were me. Bob can go pretty crazy sometimes. It still strikes me he was guilty, It hurts to know a innocent hardworking man can be punished that badly. Soon it will be Halloween, I’m quite excited. I love Halloween, and I heard this year there is going to be pageant at the high school. To bad I won’t be able to see it, actually maybe this year Ill sneak out, maybe. Woo! I’m excited just thinking bout it.

Day 8

Tom was Shot and killed. I feel guilty that I can’t come out of the house and help Atticus. Tonight is the Halloween carnival on the Brightside. But ever Since I heard that Bob threatened to kill Atticus, I’ve had this feeling in my gut something and is going to happen soon, maybe even tonight. But I can’t leave, but I also want to leave. I’m sooo confused. I saw Jem and Scout leaving though; she was dressed as a huge ham. It made me laugh so hard! I noticed Atticus was not with them though, so I got quite worried and it would soon be dark, so I think I’m going to go tonight, I might not know these kids personally. I feel the need to protect them though, so I will do that! I have to go get ready.

Day 9

All I can say is that I’m so glad that I went, the children could have been killed, and If I wasn’t there to help um! So what happened was I was pacing back and forth deciding if I should go in the school or not, when I heard the kids talking. Scout was still in her funny ham suite when I saw something in the tree; I couldn’t make out who it was thought because it was so dark. All I saw though was a knife glisten in the dark night. All of a sudden I heard Scout scream and start fighting against someone and Jem fell, so I ran right over to Jem who had just fell, just and carried him home. I could see that Scout was ok, because she managed to get set free. As I Turned back carrying Jem I could make out a bloody knife and a face that looked like Bob Ewells. But I hadn’t seen him in a while so I wasn’t positive. It was crazy what happened after that, but I rushed into the Finches and we found out that Jem had a broken arm. Scout finally saw me, and I saw her. She held my hand and made me feel safe. As she walked me home I felt in my heart that at that moment everything was ok for now.

Day 10

I found out the next day, Jem was ok. And Bob’s funeral was to be held shortly. But more happened last night that was more meaningful to all the years living here. I realized that the kids wanted to know who I was just as much As I wanted to know who they are. You see diary I am very much like Tom Robinson in a way, Because of my past just like the color of his skin, people judge me for today. I may not cause harm in my present of future but because I did in my past of the color of his skin has always been. They judge us, when in reality we could be more innocent that the white man with no past problems. We all must belong somewhere and I belong here in Maycomb. I may be judged and laughed at, and I may live in secrecy but this is my home. This is who I am. And I am damn proud of what and who I am. I never talked to Scout or Jem again, and it’s not because I didn’t wanna. Its because I wanted them to live there life knowing, they shouldn’t judge a person due to there past, present, future, and even color. I think everyone in Maycomb can learn form this. Because as I said, we all belong somewhere no matter what or who we are.

I had to read To kill a mockingbird and My assigment was to write a diary from boo's POV.

crawford said...
crawford, Sydney, Other
hey i know you wrote this along time ago but i love it and was wondering if i could use some of your ideas??

Mike said...
Something's were not found yet but I'd give it a B

Mike said...

avaavez BRONZE said...
avaavez BRONZE, Oullaville, Indiana
This diary actually helps me understand Boo more, thank you for that! I find it intriguing how you took key points from the actual story and analyzed them from Boo’s point of view, such as, “Scout finally saw me, and I saw her. She held my hand and made me feel safe. As she walked me home I felt in my heart that at that moment everything was ok for now.” Even though this connection wasn’t stated in the book, Scout was actually there when Jem broke his arm and so was Boo, and all of the characters wanted to protect one another, so you making a connection between Scout and Boo is great!

MTopangaC BRONZE, Plaquemine, Louisiana
I enjoyed a section of the fanfiction because in Boo’s diary it says, “I’m a prisoner in my own home and I feel suffocated” and I too feel that way half the time when I’m stuck at home.

Anal said...
Day 1: smashing pumpkin lyrics, solid

Fuku said...
I felt like you potrayed Boo as a 14 year old asain girl with social problems. 

poemluv BRONZE said...
poemluv BRONZE, Coolidge, Arizona

"When the world shout 'give up' hope whipers 'try it one more time'"

A few spelling errors, but other than that, very nice!!!

Anni45 BRONZE said...
Anni45 BRONZE, Saint Paul, Minnesota
I thought it was good and I liked your point of view. 

dotn_me BRONZE said...
dotn_me BRONZE, Camarillo, California

That was really good :) i finished TKAM last week, and i really like how you portray boo, i tried to be him for haloween, lol

could you take a look at mine? its called the diary of hades

fersure and thanks!

PJD17 SILVER said...
PJD17 SILVER, Belleville, Illinois

I do the best imatation of myself- Ben Folds

To kill a mocking bird is one of my all time favorite books  and i think it is very interesting that you wrote from Boo Radlys perspective  good story   could you please check out my story  Manso's Shame and comment on it 

My teacher pointed that out , guess I totally blanked  on that :/

Ashley 21 said...
Just wanted to point out that it wasnt Scout's pants that got riped on the fence, it was Jem's.

thanks so much ;]

TKAM really did suck :D !

on Jun. 9 2010 at 10:47 am
I hated To Kill A Mockingbird because in my opinion it was boring, but your piece was awesome. I love the humor in it and how you portray Boo almost as a child because he seems so innocent and simple-minded. Nice job!

thanks :} and he couldnt go outside because his brother ept him trapped in the house because he had alot of emotinol problems in his past

ChelseaKW GOLD said...
ChelseaKW GOLD, Hollister, California
I just read To Kill A Mockingbird  in my English class. Great job! Very creative and an excellent piece of work!

coly33 BRONZE said...
coly33 BRONZE, Lyndhurst, New Jersey

that was really great good detailed and well worded and inspired

but y didnt he talk to his freinds again i didnt get the ending i guess i also didnt get y he couldnt go outside and make freinds (mostly going outside)

but exellent

:)