Harvest Moon ~part 5~ | Teen Ink

Harvest Moon ~part 5~

By Amer-Nae PLATINUM, Maynard, Arkansas
Amer-Nae PLATINUM, Maynard, Arkansas

Why try to fit in when you were born to stand out?

Jake turned and faced me. I let out a rigid breath.
"You've already made your mind up haven't you?" I blinked. Was that a serious question? "Jake what are you talking about?" He rolled his eyes and he looked hurt that I was lieing striaght to his face. Because I did know what he was talking about all to well.
"Resemee Carlie, don't sit there and lie to me. I know when you lie remember?" He was trying not to smile. But, I knew that he was still mad at me. "Jake..Can we just not talk about this?" I didn't to cry again. The pain in his eyes only worsened. He leans over and kisses my forehead.
"I won't lose you Nessie." I felt my eyebrows knit together. Thats when I smelled that sweet smell. I jerk my head around and there was My Father. Anger rose from the pit of my stomach. I shot a hateful look at Jacob and walked passed my father and straight to my room.
I don't know how long it was. But, there was total darkness in the room and outside. The door creaked as it opened. I didn't have to look to know that it was Aunt Alice. She sat on the bed next to me.
"Nessie, come with me." I got up and followed Aunt Alice out the back of the house and Uncle Jasper was there too. I looked between them and thats when I knew what they were doing. I smiled despite myself. We ran....