Snape's Worst Memory: Aftwerwords | Teen Ink

Snape's Worst Memory: Aftwerwords

By HelloSmilies BRONZE, Jones, Oklahoma
HelloSmilies BRONZE, Jones, Oklahoma

By me: "I am perfectly normal! I am perfectly normal for me!!"
"She's, well, she's the T.A.R.D.I.S.!" (DW) "MOOSE PASS GAS" (HoO)

Severus Snape collapsed into the comfortable chair behind his desk. His face chalk white and clammy, hands trembling horribly, and furious, he tried to calm himself. His least favorite student, Harry Potter, and looked into the Pensieve where he had kept his thoughts before the lessons had ended. Severus thought for a moment, about what he was going to do about it.
"Detention?" He wondered aloud to himself. Yes, that was a good idea. Detention so horrible, Potter would be sorry.

~ ~ ~ ~ Monday evening, a week later

Harry grabbed his school bag, said a quick 'see you later' to Ron and Hermione, and rushed out of the common room. He had something he needed to do, and he couldn't put it off any longer.
Panting slightly from the run, he stopped in front of an old, dark brown wooden door labeled "Professor Snape, Potions teacher'. Harry raised his hand to knock, then hesitated for a moment. He shook his head, as if too dislodge any doubts, then knocked.
"Come in," Harry was able Snape's cold voice with ease through the thick door. Harry opened the door and stepped into the office.
"Er -- Professor Snape?"
"Potter!" The potions teacher looked up from grading papers. "You were told to stay out of my office, and that your lessons were through." He hissed, teeth clenched.
"Yeah, I . . . I know." Harry looked down at his feet, then back at Snapes furious face. "But I have something to say to you. I'm sorry for looking into your memories, and for how my father acted. It wasn't right, what he did.
"I also needed to tell you that you were right about my father: He was arrogant. Good night, professor." Harry backed out of the room and
After mulling over what Potter had said to him for a few minutes, Snape thought, Why would Potter apologize to him? He's the son of James Potter. Another voice interrupted his previous thought. But his mother was Lily Evans. That's why he would apologize, stupid.
"50 points to Gryffindor," He said quietly, then louder, "Another 50 points to Gryffindor, for being a complete idiot."

~End

Based off of pages 640-650 in Order of the Phoenix in the Harry Potter series.

Basically, I know Harry and Snape don't get along, but I couldn't resist writing it, because Harry was having all of these doubts about his father, Snape, and his mom.