The Most Dangerous Man | Teen Ink

The Most Dangerous Man

By The-Noir-Poet GOLD, Sandy, Utah
The-Noir-Poet GOLD, Sandy, Utah

"It is part of wisdom never to revisit to a wilderness... To return not only spoils a trip, but also tarnishes a memory." Aldo Leopold

Agent J walked down the narrow passageway that led to a confined cell, deep under the S.H.I.E.L.D. Central. She knew that the prisoner they were holding in that cell was one of the most dangerous assassins in existence. She knew that he held responsibility of many acts of terrorism, murders, sabotages, blackmail and trafficking of all illegal substances known to humanity. She also knew that the evidence was circumstantial at best.

She had reached the three inch thick steel doors that guarded inside the most dangerous man in existence. Sliding her I.D card through the opening in the wall, she leaned forward, allowing the retina scanner to see her eye clearly, and she said her full name in three languages, German, English and Spanish. Super sensitive plates under her weighed her and microphones picked up her heart-beat. Flashing green, the light above the door flashed two times and with a hiss the doors opened, to reveal an empty room.

Fear clutched at her heart and she slammed her hand down at the alarm button, pressing it and popping it off its casing. With horror, she saw that the wires had been severed. No alarm would sound from this room.

With a chill, she had the irrational sense that someone was up close and personal behind her. But with this man, nothing was irrational. Slowly, she turned around and gazed directly into the eyes of Ted Hunter, assassin extraordinaire. Without pause, he wrapped his arms around her head and pulled up popping her neck. Agent B, one of the most important assets to capturing him, was dead.

Stretching and cracking his joints, Ted Hunter stood well over six feet tall and his slight and skinny complexion disguised from the casual observer of his nearly monster strength. Crouching next to Agent B’s still body, he patted her down searching for a weapon. Finding a fully loaded Glock and two magazines, he swiped her I.D card.

Turning around, he walked out of the door and into the elevator. Freedom was close to his grasp now. He stepped in and pressed the second floor button that would theoretically open up to the parking lot. He waited and reached his floor. The doors opened with a ding and revealed two agents talking animatedly. They walked into the elevator and froze. Slowly, they both turned to gaze upon the most dangerous man in the world, by which time the doors had closed. One went for his weapon; the other went to sound the alarm. Needless to say, they were both dead in seconds. Ted crouched next to one of them and stripped him of his suit. He was a man of principle, and always looked his best no matter where he was. One of the agents had a nice suit, clearly he had intended to impress his bosses. In just under a minute, Ted Hunter was once again, the dashing assassin that many of the world leaders feared, and some grudgingly respected. Patting the pockets of the other agent, he found the keys to an Audi, and a silencer for the revolver strapped to the chest of the agent. The doors opened again, revealing no one in sight. Ted was the most ruthless and feared assassin in the world, but even he would have trouble getting out guns blazing from S.H.I.E.L.D Central. No, a more subtle manner would be needed. He started walking down the hallway, trying to locate the parking lot. He did not have to worry about being recognized by the agents. Only the Avengers, Nick Fury and Agent Phil Coulson knew what he looked like, and they were not here. They were in South America, looking for the rest of his assets and former employers.
He walked into the parking lot, and wandered around, trying to unlock the Audi. At last he found it and got in it. Starting it, he drove out of S.H.I.E.L.D and out, into the world.

Well, what did you think?