The Call | Teen Ink

The Call

By The_DoctorDonna PLATINUM, Anytown, Iowa
The_DoctorDonna PLATINUM, Anytown, Iowa

"Nothing is impossible. The word itself says 'I'm Possible'"

“Doctor, what is that?” Clara looked up from the book she was reading, her face contorted in deep concentration.
“What’s what?” The Doctor, who had been working on the TARDIS, sounded annoyed in his reply.
“That… that noise. Doctor, just listen.”
He did for a brief moment, but then grumpily resumed his work on the TARDIS.
“It’s nothing. You’re hearing things, Clara. You almost had me thinking that it was something important.”
Clara huffed in indignation.
“It is not nothing. It almost sounds like… Doctor, is that… a phone?”
Clara stood up and started searching for the source of the noise. She found her way to a large wardrobe in the corner of the room. The Doctor looked up from his work, muttering something under his breath, but stopped when he saw where Clara was standing. The Doctor looked incredulous as he began stammering,
“Impossible. She wouldn’t… it’s been years… and… she was with mickey… Clara!”
He stopped and yelled Clara’s name because she had heaved open the wardrobe’s large doors. She giggled as she leafed through suits, suspenders, and a long scarf. Her hand lingered sadly on a bowtie for a brief moment, completely ignoring the Doctor.
“Bit rude to not answer your phone, isn’t it?” Clara asked as she pulled out a long trenchcoat and fished through the pockets for the still-ringing phone.
“Ah-ha!” Clara called as she triumphantly pulled it out,
“Gotcha!” She examined the phone as she handed it to him. It was a small flip-phone that looked several years old. The Doctor took it reluctantly and flipped it open, briefly glancing at the name “Martha” on the caller ID. “Well, what do you want?” He snapped, practically yelling into the phone.
“Oh,” came the surprised voice on the other end,
“I’m sorry. My name’s Donna Noble. I didn’t mean to bother you, it’s just, well, I found this phone on the ground and you were on speed dial. Do you know whose phone this is?”
“Doctor, who’s ‘Martha’?” Clara asked, reading the name upside down. The Doctor turned to Clara briefly, saying,
“No one.”
Then went back to the phone conversation, saying very quickly,
“Terribly sorry but I don’t know whose phone you have. Goodbye.”
And with that, the Doctor clicked the phone off and threw it into the garbage bin.

I haven't actually seen Capaldi in action, but I built this Doctor off of what I've heard about him. I have a part 2 in mind, but will only publish it at the request of those who comment. Let me know :)

WolfGurl PLATINUM, Not A Real Place, Indiana

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened. –Anatole France.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. –Josh Billings

Men are from Earth, women are from Earth. Deal with it.- George Carlin

A nation that destroys its soils destroys itself. Forests are the lungs of our land, purifying the air and giving fresh strength to our people. —Franklin D. Roosevelt

Never lose. Either win, or learn. - Me

You need to see capaldi 🙃