Lord of the Rings Battle Scene | Teen Ink

Lord of the Rings Battle Scene

By HSSeniorGirlPro27 GOLD, Wilbraham, Massachusetts
HSSeniorGirlPro27 GOLD, Wilbraham, Massachusetts

"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself"- FDR
"If you were born different, don't ever change."- Taylor Swift
"What goes around comes around"
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take"

Thick bands of cauldron black clouds stretched across the Western half of a mid afternoon sky. Just to its east, fractures of bright golden rays of sun poked through white clouds, which casted shadows on the land underneath. A field the size of three football fields blanketed the land’s rough soil.
A legion of human soldiers on horseback extended across the eastern half of the field. Each soldier wore rusted metal armor with integrated intricate designs. They also held weapons such as swords and spears.
The soldiers in the forefront of this abundant mass lept from their horses and knelt to the dense ground. With their knees planted firmly, they stabbed their long swords deep into the ground. Shortly after, they ripped them out and climbed back onto their horses. One soldier in particular stared across the field with glazed-over eyes at the oncoming enemies. With her mouth agape,  she continuously breathed in, unable to exhale due to the sensation of her palpitating heart. Nearby, a young wide-eyed soldier flashed a stiff grin in her direction.
The commanding officer of this legion charged down the center of the field. He clashed swords with those soldiers in the front of the mass. At the same time, some soldiers blew into buggles while others screamed with all their might. All the soldiers were ready to charge.   
Step by step, they slowly neared the threat of the Orcs, their enemy. As they crept forward, they looked at them with red eyes. The Orcs infested the entire West end of the field, creating a mass about two times larger than that of the humans. The small cauliflower-like beasts, growled with their heads tilted back. Their dirty white skin, mangled and embarked with many ridges and grooves, bubbled over their harsh round eyes causing them to be only partially visible. Like the humans, they wore armor and held swords and spears. Unlike them however, their armor did not include any intricate designs. As the humans cautiously approached, the Orcs fired their spears.
The spears flew rapidly across the field before impaling the humans. Molten-red blood splashed out of their skin where the spear pierced. The speedy pace and intense pain caused some soldiers to jolt from their horses.
The unwounded humans however charged rapidly at the Orcs, which caught the them by surprise. The closer the humans got to the them, the faster they ran. They threw flags into the air as they molded into an arrow configuration to emphasize their strength. They moved quickly and did not stop. They charged right through the mass of Orcs, which toppled them over to smash the ground.