Trial of Kabr, Rise of a Hero. 1/2 | Teen Ink

Trial of Kabr, Rise of a Hero. 1/2

March 11, 2016
By HailToTheStud SILVER, West Haven, Utah
HailToTheStud SILVER, West Haven, Utah
7 articles 0 photos 20 comments

Favorite Quote:
"To be successful as a man is to make more money than your significant other can spend. To be successful as a woman is to find such a man."
"Trial is putting your life in the hands of 12 people that weren't smart enough to get out of jury duty"


     He felt himself dying. He knew he'd been ressurected by his Ghost to do this very thing. In that moment, there was peace. Even amid the rumbles and explosions of the machines of hate in full battle, there was peace. He was dying. He needed to stay focused. He willed his ghost to make his light into a pure form of defense for future guardians. One that would be impervious to The Vex's hive mind's inevitable prying. His ghost was sad to see him go. But Kabr was dying. Nothing left but the fall. So the Ghost created a mighty relic. A shield made of Kabr's light. Kabr would go down in history. Maybe someday they would be able to find him and revive him. But as for now, there was work to be done. The mighty Vex Templar charged his last bolt. The Ghost wedged his way into Kabr's arms. They'd been through a lot. But it was their time. So long, everyone...

 

     Saint-14 awoke with a jolt. Kabr had died. This can't be... His mighty trainer... How could he possibly live up to the Impossibly enormous legend of Kabr, The Relentless? He didnt even notice he was walking until he arrived at the broom closet. He touched the old familiar pocketwatch. It hummed with electricity as it always did. He had once been human. but he had died. His Ghost had managed to absorb his light and transfer it to his mechanical body. He was an exo. And this watch was so important. You see, "Exo"s like Saint-14 periodically had memory wipe. His personal number of memory wipes totalled to 14. Thus the number after his name. But certain things can restore certain memories. This pocketwatch was Kabr's. He'd need this. He pocketed the watch, closed the door, but he didnt weep. Titans are a respected force. They have honor. Death in battle was the ultimate honor. But he would avenge Kabr. He would storm the Vault of Glass with a worthy fireteam. He would not retreat. He would not cease fire. It was at this moment that his fist glowed purple. The Traveler had finally seen it fit to bless him with his elemental power. The Void. He felt a new power surge through him. He knew what he needed to do... And he knew just who he needed with him...

 

     Time passed, and Saint 14 and his fireteam Found themselves in the Ishtar Sink of Venus. The spire had been raised, and the Vault had been opened. Something felt amiss. They wer going beyond the Traveler's protection. They all felt it. Saint's fireteam awaited no command. They charged.

 

     Everything was quiet until Saint knew somehow that they were where Kabr had died. He could feel it. He got down on a knee. Pounded the floor, and sent a wall of void energy outward. He heard the metallic clicking of the Templar. He saw it then. The glowing shield. He hefted it, to find out it balanced perfectly. It fit his hand perfectly. Kabr had meant for him to do this. The templar summoned his leagions of Vex, and all hell broke loose. The templar charged his shield, and Saint's head was humming with void energy. He felt it in every part of his body. He Pounded the ground, and a force field - He'd call it Ward of Dawn - expanded from his body. His fireteam was invincible while in the shield. But the shield wouldnt move, and bullets would not extend past its walls. Then the shield hummed. Saint burst from the Ward, carving a path ferociously using the relic, then took aim, and fire an enormous bolt of light that disrupted The Templar's shield. His team knew just what to do. His fireteam opened fire toward him. They made short work of him. The rest of the vault was easy enough. The gorgons, so they were called, with their deadly gaze. They must avoid that gaze. So they snuck right past. Then they reached a long, dark corridor with a diamond insignia Glowing at the end of the corridor. This was it... The throne room...


The author's comments:

Meant to be in 2 parts. Part 2 In the works.