Unlikely | Teen Ink

Unlikely

By HopelessRomantic GOLD, Fayetteville, Arkansas
HopelessRomantic GOLD, Fayetteville, Arkansas

Chapter 13: Confessions
Abigail

I ring Carmen’s doorbell, bouncing with excitement.

Carmen answers the door, also bouncing. “YOU’RE HERE! I CAN’T WAIT!” she screams ecstatically.

I scream too and I run in the door. “I know! My first sleepover EVER!”

Carmen grabs my hand and takes me to the second floor living room. “We are gonna have so much fun. This is going to be an educational time for you on what friends do all the time.”

I’m so excited, I actually start dancing.

We quickly change into jeans and rock band t-shirts. Surprised, we see ourselves wearing the same shirt: The Veronicas.

We run downstairs to eat spaghetti with her parents and her two younger brothers, Sergio and Francisco. After eating dessert, we chat for a while then Carmen and I excuse ourselves to go have fun.

She takes me up to her bathroom and styles my hair, curling it like Demi Lovato’s and playing up my bangs with a straightener. Then she straightens her own curly hair and we apply thick eyeliner and heavy eye makeup and sparkly silver nail polish.

We head back into the “sleeping room” as it came to be known and turn up Veronicas on her iPod speaker system and go crazy singing and dancing.

Francisco walks into the room, wearing cowboy pajamas and eyes wide. “Wow. Thister and friend love to dance and thing.” He lisps gently in awe.

“Thister have pretty friend.” He says softly, tugging my jeans.

I smile at Francisco and Carmen gently shoos him from the room.

“Carmen Rosamunde!” Her mother calls from downstairs.

She cringes, and turns to me. “You can’t tell what my middle name is.”

“Don’t worry. I won’t. I like it; I think it’s pretty.”

She smiles and runs to what her mother needs and comes back up bearing marshmallows and cream soda.

“Ooh! Cream soda! My favorite!” I say excitedly.

We pile blankets on the floor with pillows and flop onto it, turning the Veronicas down to a more tolerable level and start chatting.

“I have a confession to make, amiga.” Carmen says.

“What’s that?”

“After my disaster of a party, I broke up with Mark.”

“You did?” I look over at her.

“Yeah, I felt really bad about what he tried to do, plus he was being a jerk to me and my cheerleader friends.”

“Well, I have a confession, ma cherie. Actually, two.”

“Really?”

“I thought that Daniel was in love with you…”

“Daniel? In love with me? But he’s so obv—”

“I know,” I interrupt, “he’s in love with me. That was my next confession. He and I are…well, an item now.”

“Ooh, really?! I want to hear all the details.” Carmen sits up, interested.

I bury my face in my pillow, blushing.

“C’mon…!”

“Okay…”

This is chapter 13
AND ALL I HAVE WRITTEN ON THE STORY FOR NOW!

writergirl13 GOLD, Cherry Hill, New Jersey

All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher.
Ambrose Bierce

I like your piece, and I just want to say that I also love the Veronicas!!! Best band ever! :)