Let You Go…. | Teen Ink

Let You Go….

By BriarRose PLATINUM, Seneca, Illinois
BriarRose PLATINUM, Seneca, Illinois

I don't need a rose. I want a daisy you picked for my hair. I don't want some fancy box of chocolate. I want a pink frosting cookie you made just for me. Lets skip the upscale restaraunt and have a picnic in the park.

“Becca, Becca! Wait! Come back and listen for just one minuet! One minuet is all I’m asking!”
She whirled to face him, her eyes narrowed with rage. He had never seen Rebecca this mad in the fourteen years they’d known each other; even when he’d forgotten to ask her to go to prom until the day before she was not anywhere close to this blistering anger.

“Listen?! To you?! You can’t be serious!”
Becca all but screamed at him, and she spun and stormed off in the opposite direction of her house. He rolled his eyes and chased after her; grabbing her wrist when he caught up with her.

“Rebecca Lynn Thomas, I will not let you go storming off like this!”
She struggled against his grip to no avail, and when Becca found she could not free herself, she settled for glaring murderously at him.

“Yeah, why not? I can go storming home whenever I please!”
Her wrist had began to hut from being held so tightly and she was about to say something but she was interrupted before she even had a chance to speak. He pointed toward High Street.

“Well, first of all, you live that way. Secondly, I—“
He was cut off by Rebecca; her voice sharper than a thousand knives and ten times as deadly.
“Kyle! You are the most self-centered, idiotic, stupid creature on the face of this earth! And yes, I mean it this time! Oh, and another thing. Let. Me. Go.”
Kyle’s eyes pleaded with her to stay as he dropped her wrist.
“I didn’t tell you because I didn’t want to hurt you. I thought that if I kept this to myself it wouldn’t hurt you. Obviously, I was wrong. Besides, we promised we’d never get in the way of each others futures.”
Becca’s already narrow eyes became mere slits and Kyle could almost feel the anger radiating from her like a heat.
“If you had told me you were going out of country for college, oh I don’t know, back when you got your acceptance letter, I wouldn’t be incredibly furious right now. But no, you had to go and wait till a week before you leave to tell me! Strike three, Kyle, you’re out. It’s over. O-V-E-R, Kyle.”
Shock spread slowly across his face like spilled milk. Kyle tried to speak once, twice, and a third time before he finally was able to choke out

“Bu-bu-but. O-o-over!?”
She took several deep breaths before answering. A certain cold finality had stolen Becca’s easy going smile away in less than a heartbeat.
“I’d say I’m sorry, but I’m not. It has to be this way. How could I ever trust you again? No regrets….Good bye, and have a good time at college, Kyle.
Rebecca turned and walked away from him for the first and last time. Pain clouded Kyle’s thoughts, obscuring everything else. He felt like he was on fire, burning from the inside out. With shaking hands he pulled a phone from his pocket and pressed the four. Thank heaven for speed dial; he doubted he was capable of dialing her number. She picked up on the first ring as if she’d been waiting for this call.
“H-hey Elissa, it’s Kyle. I just told Becca about college….Yeah….She broke up with me…. Mad is a bit of an understatement….Yeah, I’ll live…Point is, she’ll be calling you in about thirty seconds….M’kay, yeah, I’ll let you go.”

BriarRose PLATINUM, Seneca, Illinois

haha.... now that you mention it... =]

dark_roses14 PLATINUM, Mazon, Illinois

play the music, turn it up loud, dance around, and drown out reality

again familiar :) very familiar :) btw, i know my grammar is bad, but you don't spell minute M-I-N-U-E-T you spell it M-I-N-U-T-E just saying :)

biggerinfinities SILVER, Superior, Colorado

“We accept the love we think we deserve.”
― Stephen Chbosky, The Perks of Being a Wallflower

wowowowowow! ummm she's great (becca) but seriously overdramatic!! :)

littlemissbliss! SILVER, South Pasadena, California
omgg keep writing! this is amazing!